Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Touchdown" Jesus Destroyed by Act of God
"Touchdown" Jesus Destroyed by Act of God
There's a big huge statue of Jesus in Ohio called the "King of Kings" statue. It's nicknamed "Touchdown" Jesus. It's made of foam and some type of glass or something, and it was hit by lightning. The thing was destroyed.

The funny part is that the Cincinnati Enquirer originally said it was destroyed by an act of god.

I love Keith Olbermann's comment on this. Fast Forward to 1:40 to see the section on the statue. .
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: "Touchdown" Jesus Destroyed by Act of God
*facepalm* The Enquirer are full of idiots anyway. I should know, one of the editors lives on my street.

I live near the statue. Usually see it everytime I head up north for vacation.

Still, kinda sad to see it go, considering it was a monument of my childhood.

Still lol'd at the fact that Jesus got struck by lightning, though. Sweet, sweet, irony.
Imperial Bulletin Board
Developer/Support Team Coordinator

ryanashbrook.com
My Blog
If it resurrects in 3 days....I'll believe.
I've had to fly into to the Cincinnati airport at least a dozen times a year...rent a car and then drive north to Dayton....I passed that damn thing every time......Now I can truly smile when I drive by it..Tongue However, I'm sure they will waste money on something else to put there. If I read correctly, the last one cost around 250,000.......What a waste...
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
Quote:the last one cost around 250,000.

Ironic from the Ten Commandments lunatics, eh?

Quote:2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.
All I wish to say about it is;

LOL!
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Quote:Ironic from the Ten Commandments lunatics, eh?

Typical hypocritical bullshit comes to mind.....
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
Jesus got Owned. Big Grin
"All my life i have wonder about "Everything" and now i see i am not alone."
"Some people will live there life open minded and think what they want to think and some people will close there eyes and silence there thoughts & follow a path that everyone else follows. You will never see me on that path." - Arthur Gutierrez

[Image: signature.jpg]

"In this live like weeds, Your just a rock to me"
Don't fuck with Thor, jesus!

[Image: bigbutterjesusoni761.gif]
(June 16, 2010 at 10:12 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: There's a big huge statue of Jesus in Ohio called the "King of Kings" statue. It's nicknamed "Touchdown" Jesus. It's made of foam and some type of glass or something, and it was hit by lightning. The thing was destroyed.

The funny part is that the Cincinnati Enquirer originally said it was destroyed by an act of god.

I love Keith Olbermann's comment on this. Fast Forward to 1:40 to see the section on the statue. .

I actually live near Cincinnati, and I find this hilarious. The one thing I do like about this town is that the Cincinnati Enquirer isn't afraid to make fun of God and religion.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.