Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lost posts
lost posts
Re: Science - Mathematics - Thread, Electrocuting oneself "[quote='Quantum' pid='1121329' dateline='1448262302'] #4 in the thread.

I tried replying this morning (~0945 EST, USA, 11/23/2015) but cannot post reply. According to the Thread there should be 6 posts but when I go there there only 4 showing.

I'd posted mine, checked the thread and still only 4 posts so I re-posted and got an error that I'd already posted to that thread.  Went back to check, my post still wasn't there. Thread still shows 6 posts but only 4 showing.

Have I done something wrong, is there a bug, what?

Hope you can get back shortly so I can post.

Thanks
Robert
Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.

RE: lost posts
I think the post got caught by the Akismet spam filter.

The post is there, posted 5 times, but unapproved.

I will approve one of them and delete the rest.

ETA: There you go. Try to make your posts look less like spam! Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 23, 2015 at 12:06 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I think the post got caught by the Akismet spam filter.

The post is there, posted 5 times, but unapproved.

I will approve one of them and delete the rest.

ETA: There you go. Try to make your posts look less like spam! Tongue

I have no idea how or why the post looked like spam. Was it because it seems to have been posted so often? And how do I "make" a post not look like spam?
Robert

I'm not really sure what the algorithm is.

If I had to guess, its probably the repeated post, combined with the repeated words, and the structure with the link at the end.

I was just joking anyhow, don't worry about it. It was likely just a fluke.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 23, 2015 at 12:33 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm not really sure what the algorithm is.

If I had to guess, its probably the repeated post, combined with the repeated words, and the structure with the link at the end.

Sure hope so, I'd hate to see it happen time after time.
Robert

Looks like your post got lost in a black hole. Tongue
When it comes to spam, you can't be too careful.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 23, 2015 at 1:25 pm)Omnibus E Plrus Nhilist Wrote:
(November 23, 2015 at 12:33 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm not really sure what the algorithm is.

Sure hope so, I'd hate to see it happen time after time.

We're working on it. We had to introduce Akismet as an emergency measure, so it's not fully configured yet. In the future, we'll be able to mark spam posts as "not spam" if they are caught by mistake, which should improve the detection algorithm.

Until then, we are actively monitoring the posts caught, and approving them if they are false positives. In future, if your post / thread fails to post, please contact a member of staff via the PM system rather than trying it multiple times.
(November 23, 2015 at 1:50 pm)Ludwig Wrote: Looks like your post got lost in a black hole. Tongue

I've had that happen before ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4751 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Today's Posts? Yonadav 9 1658 March 23, 2019 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Sal
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1382 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  List Posts BrianSoddingBoru4 15 3086 April 7, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Issue with clicking "View New Posts" Foxaèr 5 1396 July 23, 2017 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Spam Detection (READ THIS IF YOUR POSTS KEEP DISAPPEARING) Tiberius 30 15963 July 4, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  All posts in this thread have vanished! Aroura 0 1058 February 15, 2017 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Mafia game threads showing in "Today's Posts" lists Ravenshire 18 6567 February 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Autocombining posts Ravenshire 8 1762 January 18, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus