Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skype fucking ups
Skype fucking ups
Okay Skype was working absolutely fine for me for ages at first. Other than the fact it would crash occasionally but I would just relaunch it and it would be fine.

I am using my Microsoft Account to sync or with Skype, that is the Skype account I have always used and it has always been fine.

Up until recently. Recently I have only been able to send and recieve messags to two of my contacts, who appear as online... all the other contacts appear as offline and I can't send or receive messages to them. None of these contacts ever appear as online, away or busy, just offline. Occasionly for a couple of seconds they will appear online and then go right back to offline again.

I try to send messages, they won't receive. Nah I've not suddenly become extremely unpopular with all my Skype contacts apart from two that appear online LOL - it's definitely an error  for almost all Skype contacts... I can't send messages, the messages go to "sending" and never send.

Furthermore I can contact these friends via other means just fine when they are available to.

But lately it's become worse than this. I tried a simple update and a reinstall, that didn't work. I then googled about the error and the only other advise I could find was instead of just reinstalling - doing a full uninstsall then downloading the latest version and installing again....

...but now when I try to sign in it gives me the messages: "Sometimes the internet gets a bit sleepy and takes a nap. Make sure it's up and running then we'll give it another go."

So I can't even sign in now!! And of course, it's not my internet it's an error with my Skype: Because my internet works perfectly fine with everything else.

I can even sign into my microsoft account elsewhere, so it's not the account... also it's not because I'm signed into it already because I try signing out elsewhere and then signing into Skype and that doesn't work either.

I may have to resort to signing into my Microsoft Email and messagining my Skype contacts from there for the time being, because apparently you can do that. But that does mean no voice calls I think.

But just in the mean time... what I really would like is to get Skype working!!! So I appreciate the help in advance... any ideas?????
RE: Skype fucking ups
I don't skype, since I have an ugly mug.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I don't have a cam anyway Big Grin

Just text and voice... and atm just text - no headphones to do voice calls with, need to get some soon... current ones broken now.
My experience with Skype is that it's a buggy piece of shit. Whenever I try to game with it, it drops and won't reconnect until I manually close my call, wait a few seconds, and start a new call.

NOT acceptable when I've halfway through a game of League of Legends.
Are you by any chance using GeForce Experience? Nvidia released an update for that software today and I saw that the changelog listed something along the lines of "Skype crash fix".
What is that? I'm on my laptop I've never even heard of GeForce?

Skype works but syncing to my MS account or FB account via the app doesn't.
1) The built-in Skye that comes with Windows works badly, and sometimes not at all.
2) You shouldn't WANT to sync Skype to anything, ever. Stand up and run away from your computer right now. Don't walk. . . RUN!
I copied all my contacts and the history onto a new Skype account I created.

But they are showing as offline because although I copied the contact list, I haven't actually added people on my new account yet.

So I'm going through my friends and re-adding them Smile
I can help you fix your skype problems if you need me to.
More or less do a clean install of skype and go into your %appdata% you will be in the roaming folder
delete the skype folder. Go up a folder go into local delete skype there and do a clean install of skype and log in
and everything should work.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Ha yeah I've already gone into that folder and stuff and I couldn't get it to work, I did many full uninstalls and reinstalls and all that jazz.

I did many other google searches and tried many other things.... I even went on the Skype community support forums and they were no help in fact they only made it worse for me - they told me to unlink my MS account and all that did was mean I wan't even able to get into my account from hotmail anymore.

In the end I had to solve the problem myself... I created a brand new account and then I went into %appdata% and my folder of my old account, I copied my "main" database file with all my contacts and contact history on it... and then I pasted it into the folder of my new account.

After that all my contacts and their history was listed in the new account, but they weren't officialled added so I had to resend the contact requests.

So once my contacts accept my new contact requests... problem solved Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn, they're over 30 years old and sound FUCKING GREAT !! vorlon13 4 936 September 14, 2016 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fucking Windows 8/8.1 Edwardo Piet 143 9917 July 20, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Skype To Get Live Translation pocaracas 1 782 May 29, 2014 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Losty
  This Should Be Good For A Fucking Laugh Minimalist 3 1426 May 18, 2012 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused