Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone think I am a "bigot"?
Does anyone think I am a "bigot"?
I am not talking about if people think I can be obnoxious, or think I am a jerk. I don't think anyone can like everyone all the time.

Does anyone who has spent any length of time reading my posts think I want to arrest people for making bad claims, or fear someone's mere existence because they have a belief?
RE: Does anyone think I am a "bigot"?
I don't know you and have never read any of your posts.
So yes.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Yes, you are a Big-OT Tongue

Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

SILENCE I KILL YOU!
I swear the word bigot gets thrown around these days like the L-word at a high-school after-prom party. Does it even mean anything any more? I think it might be a type of shoe by now.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(November 25, 2015 at 7:29 am)Brian37 Wrote: SILENCE I KILL YOU!

"Name me and you shall break me."
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(November 25, 2015 at 7:30 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: I swear the word bigot gets thrown around these days like the L-word at a high-school after-prom party. Does it even mean anything any more? I think it might be a type of shoe by now.

Agreed. 

I think it is perfectly acceptable to not like, and even hate an individual, but also value human rights without the desire to do physical harm to them just because they say things that make you want to metaphorically strangle them. 

Even using cuss words to be blunt about an absurd claim does NOT make someone a bigot. 

Especially with the religions of Abraham, but still to me applies to all religions in human history, it is like having family(my fellow humans)  forming groups, based on naked assertions, which no, you cannot stop, but then on top of that, getting political to the point of collecting weapons and killing over which club is better than the other.

I feel like the outsider going "GUYS I DON'T WANT YOU DEAD, BUT CAN WE ALL STOP KILLING EACH OTHER! FUCKING KNOCK IT OFF!"

You have to criticize and blaspheme religion, just like you should  not let a political party or rich family, or a business model have a monopoly over an entire nation, much less the entire planet.
Yes I think you are an ABBAist and hate non-ABBAists. Ahah.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(November 25, 2015 at 8:39 am)Dystopia Wrote: Yes I think you are an ABBAist and hate non-ABBAists. Ahah.

Blasphemy of ABBA is a crime punishable by penalty of DEATH! Ok, maybe not but just for that,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s
No, I certainly don't think you are.

I think a lot of people don't know what the word means.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 953 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Does anyone else remember...? Cecelia 20 1786 July 30, 2019 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Does anyone mow "The Moral Landscape"? Gawdzilla Sama 21 1120 September 29, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Does anyone own a Moral Compass? I_am_not_mafia 13 1331 September 28, 2018 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does Anyone Else Ever Feel Like This...? Edwardo Piet 14 2245 November 17, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What Does/Does Not Offend You? BrianSoddingBoru4 51 6396 December 22, 2016 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What do men think? What do feminists think that men think? mcolafson 53 5956 September 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Does anyone have Comments or Criticism for this video? Socratic Meth Head 15 2471 June 18, 2016 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: c172
  Sex with a bigot? I_am_not_mafia 80 9719 April 23, 2016 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does anyone... dyresand 7 915 December 2, 2015 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Longhorn