Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refugees
Refugees
We were always thought to treat other people like we like they treat us.
As a refugee, you would like to get help and a safe place to live. 
What still makes you refuse to take in all the refugees?
You could say: then our economy is going to drown. But what is worth more: a life or a bunch of money?
You could say: there is no space. You liar.
whatever floats your goat
RE: Refugees
I don`t know if this is the right thread to post. I know it might be a dead thread, maybe not. I just wanted to write it off my chest.

So, I`m from Hungary (not living there anymore) and as you all know we had/have this problem with immigrants/refugees from the Middle-East.
Many of them are really just economic immigrants and they want a more comfortable life. But i still can`t believe how people would treat them in Hungary.
On facebook people are hating on them like crazy. Absolutely badshit crazy.
Middle aged mothers (while smiling on the profile photo with their little grand-children) are commenting things like, "we should just kill them all" or "why not just shoot them".
I know these are only facebook comments, and they would be scared to do anything like this in real life (fortunately), but still it really annoys me.
These kind of behaviour is why i left Hungary to live in Portugal (people are quite nice here).

I`m from the North-west of Hungary, so we have quite a lot of immigrants/refugees going through here to Austria.

I know there are many view-points to this thing. Like, why refugees not just stop in the first country where`s no war and why are they want to go to Germany?
Or the hypocrisy: A lot of the people writing this kind if shit are the ones who are working in Austria for more money, so they are too economic immigrants.

I don`t know what would be the right solution for this crisis over there, but whatever it is, they are still humans!! As the OP said: "But what is worth more: a life or a bunch of money?"

It just really bothers me, that people are like this there. Sorry.
It was an abandoned thread from last year, and it is discouraged by the rules to resurrect them (also, you should have gotten a big warning message to that effect). You should be able to start your own thread if you want to discuss something.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

^^ you were right when you said this wasn't the place to post it, Adam. Necros are not cool, though I appreciate you've put a lot of thought into your post.

Please consider starting a new thread in the future ^_^

Edit: Ninja'd
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Sorry guys, i didn`t get a big warning message tho Smile
There's a red banner which appears on threads that haven't been posted in for more than 30 days ^_^
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Big Grin

I always take that as a challenge!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S refugees to Canada Amarok 3 1046 March 13, 2017 at 6:24 am
Last Post: abaris
  Kellyanne Conway says 2 Iraqi refugees responsible for Bowling Green Massacre Cecelia 26 3894 February 3, 2017 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My (probably unpopular) opinion on arab refugees Macoleco 227 20880 December 8, 2016 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why are people so cruel? Refugees AdamJa 68 7383 July 8, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Can someone help me? I'm trying to open my mind to new ideas about Refugees DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 100 11129 November 30, 2015 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Free the Refugees? Aractus 0 960 August 29, 2014 at 10:11 am
Last Post: Aractus