Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short venting of a frustration
Short venting of a frustration
In just under six hours I have to go back to family court. Again. My ex and his obsession with never-ending litigation and trying to separate me from my children has reached a new level. 

I lost my home in July due to landlord retaliation and ever since, my fiancee and I have been living in a motel. Not the most ideal place, but nonetheless, here we are. It's better than the street or being separated by having to live in gender biased homeless shelters. Well, anyway, after five months of being here, we will finally be moving into a new house on Dec. 18th. Needless to say, it will be a relief getting back to "normal" and being able to sit at a table to eat and being able to sleep in my own bed. 

My ex, has once again, taken the opportunity to drag me back into court over reasoning that only a psychopathic narcissist would understand. Reasons which have NOTHING to with my current living arrangement, mind you. And the ONLY reason I can think of as to why he's making this attempt, once again, is because he thinks that he will be awarded full sole legal AND physical custody of my youngest simply because I'm in a motel. It should be mentioned that last week, I hand delivered a clocked in, court copy of my pre-trial memorandium to his attorney and told her that we will be moving on Dec. 18 to appropriate housing. She had not yet completed or filed her pre-trial memorandum so she was well aware of this change in my living situation.

I finally get a copy of her memorandum and what do I find listed as one of the issues? Whether or not I should be allowed to have any rights of physical or legal custody based on my living in a motel. AYFKM?? Included in the list of issues is also a new accusation of my refusal to allow my youngest to get counseling. Really? That's news to me. Not once has he ever proposed such a thing, nor has he even asked my child about it. 

Today is just the pre-trial conference to determine whether or not there should even be a trial for my ex's request to modify the current custody order. 

I am so sick and tired of this assclown playing the victim while he continues to mentally and emotionally abuse not only me, but my kids. His endless litigation is abuse of the court system. He can't prove a single thing he's alleging and honestly, I'm burned out. Ten years of having to deal with HIS inability to co-parent. HIS inability to create a sense of positive feelings for the kids when we must speak to one another. Enough is enough already.

So, anyway, I just needed to get that out. There's so much more to it, but it would turn into a tl;dr and honestly, it's 5:30am. I haven't got the energy for that.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Short venting of a frustration
Looks like you will prevail Smile

Congrats on the new house!!!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Thank you Smile
I tread lightly in this today only because anyone who's ever dealt with a narcissist full well knows how manipulative they are. They abuse and then when they are caught, they, quick as a whip, turn it all around and play the victim card. I hope today goes well, but being as I represent myself, the courts seem to frown on litigants who are Pro Se. This is more likely due to the fact that Pro Se people are essentially fighting the battle on their own, with no representation, meaning no exchange of monies are being handed over to the sharks who eventually get voted into becoming judges. So basically, the opinion of a judge (who is supposed to be fair and unbiased, mind you) is, you aren't paying a colleague money to represent you, therefore I don't like you. It's not supposed to happen that way, but we all know it does.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Ugh, this is so awful Sad I remember you talking about how crazy your ex was before, and it seems he's getting worse.

I'm really sorry you have to go through this. I have massive respect for you to keep fighting for the sake of your children Heart

That's great about the new home! I hope it works out well, and that the courts finally see through this ridiculous charade. I've dealt with a narcissist like this before, so I have an idea what it's like, but not one willing to go to these lengths to sabotage me.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Court went okay. We are proceeding with trial, even though we don't have a date. Late January is the anticipated time for it. Unfortuntely it might not be in front of the judge we saw today.

I guess this now gives him nearly two more months to try and dig up any more dirt he thinks he can find. He will never stop trying to ruin me. Ever.
(December 1, 2015 at 6:29 am)Judi Lynn Wrote: My ex, has once again, taken the opportunity to drag me back into court over reasoning that only a psychopathic narcissist would understand. 

Its alright. I'm here. Your translator has arrived. I'll need the document, a padded cell and a bucket so I can smear shit all over the walls.

In all seriousness I am very sorry about your situation. When I see an opportunity to say something horribly inappropriate I literally can't stop myself. One time I stopped myself getting with this beautiful woman I still adore to this day.  Everything was going great but then Seal came on with "Kiss From A Rose" and a thought entrenched itself in my mind and dug deeper and deeper until eventually it just took control. I looked deep into her eyes with all the sincerity I could muster and whispered to her these immortal words; 

That killed the mood so fast I shit you not. I was so angry at myself but it was totally worth it. Perfect comic timing. It makes me happy everytime I think of it.
Anyway, I hope that cheers you up.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
If your kid needs counseling, it's probably only because their biological father is cray-cray. Stalking is a crime, after all.

Sorry to hear about this. I don't really have any advice except try to record his craziness to show the world at future times.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Sorry Judi. But I think you might just be persistent enough to prevail.
Courts are a big business.  I think they actually encourage this litigious behavior to make sure that lawyers are employed.  Sucks balls, really.
(December 1, 2015 at 4:03 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(December 1, 2015 at 6:29 am)Judi Lynn Wrote: My ex, has once again, taken the opportunity to drag me back into court over reasoning that only a psychopathic narcissist would understand. 

Its alright. I'm here. Your translator has arrived. I'll need the document, a padded cell and a bucket so I can smear shit all over the walls.

In all seriousness I am very sorry about your situation. When I see an opportunity to say something horribly inappropriate I literally can't stop myself. One time I stopped myself getting with this beautiful woman I still adore to this day.  Everything was going great but then Seal came on with "Kiss From A Rose" and a thought entrenched itself in my mind and dug deeper and deeper until eventually it just took control. I looked deep into her eyes with all the sincerity I could muster and whispered to her these immortal words; 

That killed the mood so fast I shit you not. I was so angry at myself but it was totally worth it. Perfect comic timing. It makes me happy everytime I think of it.
Anyway, I hope that cheers you up.

Not inappropriate; wrong chick. Seriously, that has me rolling, and if it had been me, you'd be getting laid so fast your head wouldn't be the only thing spinning Big Grin

Sorry Judi. /derail
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ten Short Years Foxaèr 6 703 March 15, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: brewer
  Electrical short somewhere in my mobile home. Brian37 13 1997 January 9, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  New short series: Candidate Profile ANoble 10 1374 July 31, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Life is short. WinterHold 7 1032 November 12, 2015 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  An AFO short story: An Evening with Protesters Exian 34 3568 October 14, 2015 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Tie Fighter Short dyresand 2 784 March 26, 2015 at 12:54 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Just Venting... Deckard 25 2566 September 4, 2013 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  A short story Dotard 2 1387 April 12, 2011 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Dotard
  Relative time and Short and Long Days Edwardo Piet 4 1691 February 17, 2011 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dealing with short attention span mamamia88 7 3318 December 27, 2010 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet