Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gods? No way
Gods? No way
Take my word for it gods do not exist period.

Therefore there can't be any atheists. The reason is clear; atheism presupposes God and since there is no god there can be no atheists much less theists.

We can argue the existence or nonexistence till the cows come home or we become blue in our faces and have apoplexy but that argument can have no positive (of for that matter negative) outcome. So we will walk away frustrated by having no satisfactory conclusions(s); assuming we can walk away that is.

God or no god the world will continue to spin on it's axis, it's volcano's spewing lava and hot ash, the movement of the plates bumping and grinding, pitching and splitting utterly unaware of whatever life it disrupts, ignoring all prayers and supplications to spare etc. etc.

So whale away at me, maybe I'll learn something new.
Robert
Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.

RE: Gods? No way
Can I porpoise away? (wail)

I agree that there is no god. That does not mean that others agree, therefore theists, therefore atheists.

So you have addressed the fantasy god. How about things people perceive as gods? The uneducated or infantile may perceive something that they can't understand and create a god explanation for a natural thing or event. Those would be theists/deists. Once those exist the anti would also exist.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Well based on the OP's logic, I guess that settles it. We should immediately disband the forum because that's all there is to say on the matter.

Subject closed. Nothing else to see here folks. That's it.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(December 2, 2015 at 6:20 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: Well based on the OP's logic, I guess that settles it. We should immediately disband the forum because that's all there is to say on the matter.

Subject closed. Nothing else to see here folks. That's it.

I'm melting, MMMEEEELLLLTING!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Atheism doesn't presuppose God any more than not saddle breaking unicorns presupposes unicorns. I spent my entire life without any god or gods, and I'm fine, thank you.
You'll need to define god for us before we can dismiss it.
Ultra hitech aliens who can terraform in 6 days is quite possible.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Always a wierd day when you find out you don't actually exist.

Welp. Time for another crime spree. Can't arrest a non-existent man.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Atheism doesn't presuppose god. Though it would be nice if we didn't need a specific term to describe people who didn't believe in gods, as if that's a minority opinion. That's the only reason atheism is a word.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote:atheism presupposes God

No.  Not in the least.
You're confusing the factual state of affairs with belief. In reality either a God exists or it does not. However there can still be theists because they can believe there is a god even if there is none. And if they are making a claim there can still be those who doubt or don't buy into that claim. Atheists.

Atheism does not rely or presuppose a god. It is simply a rejection of the claim that a god exists. It has no bearing on the actual state of affairs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theocracy on the way Spongebob 94 5669 January 19, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 985 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Anyone see gods not dead? Thegoodatheist 76 29482 March 13, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2797 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheists. Does life uh... find a way? Richimorto 6 992 July 29, 2020 at 12:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3721 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Mankind is actually building "Gods" Face2face 6 2159 December 11, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists? causal code 5 2618 August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  The only way I could believe ....... Brian37 16 3412 April 28, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are humans Gods? (article by an atheist) ChoklateWolfy 21 3878 March 2, 2017 at 10:11 am
Last Post: account_inactive