Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Alaskan Bush People have it right.
The Alaskan Bush People have it right.
If you aren't familar with them, they are a family of 9, living in a remote area in Alaska and are featured on the Discovery Channel. They have literally lived off the grid for years in a very secluded area, far away from society. 
No tv's, no electronics, no cell phones, no electric. They barter for what they need or they do the occasional odd job using the 5 oldest children and their boat. 

They hunt for their source of meat and they have chickens and a small garden. They build their house by hand, all of the family pitching in. They only go into the nearest town when something they can't find in the wilderness is needed. 
The younger two siblings (both girls) do just as much hard work at the 5 brothers and Snowbird (6th child in line) is a better hunter than most of her brothers. 

Even though they believe in god, I still like the family because they aren't out to get anyone and they aren't violent. They just want to survive and live in the wilderness using the basic necessities that the world has to offer. I wish I could do what they do and live how they live.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: The Alaskan Bush People have it right.
My wife likes it also. But more for their dog than anything else (same breed as avatar).

Sorry kid, they have electronics that they run off batteries that they recharge. Have a TV but use it to watch movies (see early episodes) and radios. They have vehicles, boats and previously cars. They have chainsaws and maybe other power tools.

I couldn't live that way. I can't stand camping let alone living that way full time. No hot shower, no flush toilet, maybe no TP. No dental, not even sure they brush their teeth (and they definitely need dental).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Just saying... as an Alaskan.... I fucking hate those fuckers. Seriously. I hate them. They are... so... not... real. Please understand. They are really NOT REAL. It's 'reality TV'.

My god >__<

There are some truely fucking badass sourdough bitches up there in that glorious hellhole of a libertarian paradise... and there are SO MANY people who ACTUALLY live in the fucking bush...

It's just a really garbage portrayal of some really interesting people. They have a television series Tongue They're pretty damn fine off, yknow?

This REAL alaskan fisherman would give that family a right raw piece of her mind. Grrrrrr... >__<
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
As much as I love the computer, I can respect people who want to live outside in a rural area just living off the land. As long as they keep enough contact with society that they're not dying from any treatable illnesses or anything. I am still a bit of a country boy. I've spent a week at a cabin with no electronics besides a refrigerator and fans, and been fine.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 2, 2015 at 6:42 pm)Violet Wrote: Just saying... as an Alaskan.... I fucking hate those fuckers. Seriously. I hate them. They are... so... not... real. Please understand. They are really NOT REAL. It's 'reality TV'.

My god >__<

There are some truely fucking badass sourdough bitches up there in that glorious hellhole of a libertarian paradise... and there are SO MANY people who ACTUALLY live in the fucking bush...

It's just a really garbage portrayal of some really interesting people. They have a television series Tongue They're pretty damn fine off, yknow?

This REAL alaskan fisherman would give that family a right raw piece of her mind. Grrrrrr... >__<

Well now all my hopes have been dashed. :Sad

Being an Alaskan, I assume you know best so I'll have to take you at your word. But they do make it look really good. At least the children are handy and inventive even.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Look at our native villages. That's where you'll find the real story of the Alaskan bush: bootlegged beer, snowmobiles, domestic abuse, and suicide.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I still haven't forgiven you fuckers for thrusting Palin on us.
(December 2, 2015 at 6:45 pm)Violet Wrote: Look at our native villages. That's where you'll find the real story of the Alaskan bush: bootlegged beer, snowmobiles, domestic abuse, and suicide.

Come to think of it, yes... I realize that now. They had a show on called Alaskan State Troopers. Many of them have large territories to man all by themselves, have to go in some of the more remote villages by plane, once there, they have to dole out justice, arrest people for bootlegging and such. If I'm correct, many of the villages have outlawed alcohol. 

I miss that show too.
(December 2, 2015 at 6:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I still haven't forgiven you fuckers for thrusting Palin on us.

She went there all on her own lol. You can keep her. We don't want her down here.

Oh wait... You're down here too.

Nevermind all of that.
(December 2, 2015 at 6:42 pm)Violet Wrote: Just saying... as an Alaskan.... I fucking hate those fuckers. Seriously. I hate them. They are... so... not... real. Please understand. They are really NOT REAL. It's 'reality TV'.

My god >__<

How about the Perrin family in Our 5 Sons Alaska ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuff you have done (that most people haven' t) onlinebiker 54 4103 October 4, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Nutella is for fat people and kids, right? Foxaèr 12 992 November 6, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Should poor people have kids? BrokenQuill92 78 5350 November 29, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 994 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  morality is subjective and people don't have free will Catholic_Lady 355 85970 June 6, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  How Long Does Someone Have to be Dead Before People stop Referring to them as Late? Rhondazvous 10 3089 May 18, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Have our lizard people overlords gotten lazy, or arrogant? CapnAwesome 5 1307 March 19, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  AF "Mafia" Forum Game (PSA for people who have no idea what it is) Tiberius 29 2794 January 4, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: emjay
  Things Kate Bush did - on stage (spoiler alert!) ManMachine 5 1419 September 2, 2014 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Have you ever tried to debate Christians that have no clue? Dean-o 39 8618 June 22, 2011 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: tackattack