Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on Congress defunding Planned Parenthood
What are your thoughts on Congress defunding Planned Parenthood
To me, I'm a  guy. However, I find it incredibly sick how a bunch of old men think that they should be able to tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies. This was simply all backed by ignorance and stupidity. A loss for women's rights in this country.

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/03/458304236/...health-law
RE: What are your thoughts on Congress defunding Planned Parenthood
It's wrong. To defund PP, and we all know the major underlying reason is because of the abortion issue, is doing more damage than good.

What many don't realize is that PP doesn't just help women. They help teens of both sexes get tested for STD's without forcing them to have their parent or guardian present. So if the teens feel they have a safe place to go to after they had unprotected sex and they don't want to hear a shitstorm from their parents, PP is a safe haven.

It is also a place where pregnant women can go for routine care of their babies, during pregnancy. They have access to information about other programs in their area as well. They have access to be able to get in touch with those other agencies via PP.

Planned Parenthood does so much more than provide a safe, sanitary place for a woman to have an abortion. And it is sad that the legislators fail to see this. Sadly, this is a huge step backwards for this country.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Veto veto veto
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
The republicunts continue their war on women.  So what else is new?
I'd say it's a political move to rally up those one-issue voters.
(December 3, 2015 at 11:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The republicunts continue their war on women.  So what else is new?

Don't you dare get accused of being a feminist, Min.

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
It's stupid. The main argument for defunding PP is that people don't want their tax dollars going towards abortion. Which they don't already. PP does a lot for women, including sometimes abortions, but that's the one area that isn't funded by the government. I'm a guy too, but it still ticks me off.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Just throwing this out:

subsume PP into Obamacare, and distribute all PP functions into all O-care participating clinics and hospitals
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 3, 2015 at 11:29 pm)Chad32 Wrote: It's stupid. The main argument for defunding PP is that people don't want their tax dollars going towards abortion. Which they don't already. PP does a lot for women, including sometimes abortions, but that's the one area that isn't funded by the government. I'm a guy too, but it still ticks me off.

It's a common republican lie.

You can point out the fact, including links, to them and they'll continue to spout their lies.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 3, 2015 at 11:29 pm)Chad32 Wrote: It's stupid. The main argument for defunding PP is that people don't want their tax dollars going towards abortion. Which they don't already. PP does a lot for women, including sometimes abortions, but that's the one area that isn't funded by the government. I'm a guy too, but it still ticks me off.

There are plenty of places that provide all the services that PP provides except the abortions and the sale of dead babies. Let the funding go to them and women can still receive those services.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Congress and drink coasters. Brian37 4 445 February 15, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  An Open Letter to Congress Secular Elf 14 951 March 4, 2020 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  More fun thoughts onlinebiker 40 3671 August 7, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Buzzfeed reports Trump directed Cohen to lie to congress LadyForCamus 61 6427 January 26, 2019 at 5:49 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What are your thoughts on this story? NuclearEnergy 6 1497 June 24, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What's your thoughts on Trump? Zenith 239 28944 March 27, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My thoughts on modern day intersectionalist feminism] Lebneni Murtad 14 3598 March 7, 2017 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Planned Parenthood Prenatal Care (Rebuttal) Tiberius 13 1958 January 26, 2017 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Your thoughts on the protests Aroura 221 22778 November 14, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Congress' Dumbest Republicunt... Minimalist 9 1205 October 11, 2016 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb