Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suspicious activity at California shooter's home not reported due to fear of racism.
Suspicious activity at California shooter's home not reported due to fear of racism.
So how do you guys feel about this? Apparently the shooter's neighbor noticed suspicious activity going on around his home but did not report it because he was afraid of being politically incorrect and racist.  

I feel kind of torn about it myself. On one hand, I don't want us to be a nation that fears an entire group of people and assumes the worst about them. On the other, if it weren't for political correctness this could have saved the lives of 14 innocent people. I definitely know what side I would be on if it had been my husband/sibling/parent/child that had been slaughtered. But what is the objectively right thing?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12/...report-it/

Edit to add correct link.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Suspicious activity at California shooter's home not reported due to fear of racism.
It's not racism to report someone is planning on killing people regardless of the fact if they are muslim or not.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Suspicious activity at California shooter's home not reported due to fear of racism.
(December 5, 2015 at 12:02 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: . . . I don't want us to be a nation that fears an entire group of people and assumes the worst about them . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-ber...-shooting/

[Image: CVRh0kVU4AEQNqv.jpg]

(I'm not vouching for the accuracy of the graphic, but it's possible, CL, that boat has already sailed)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Are you sure you posted the right link?

(Not that it would surprise me, though.  Hindsight is always 20/20.)
(December 5, 2015 at 12:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Are you sure you posted the right link?

(Not that it would surprise me, though.  Hindsight is always 20/20.)

Whoops, wrong link. Hold on.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Humans have built in intuition and pattern recognition.  And we're being taught to ignore it. 

Everybody is the same, even if they obviously aren't.  And if you don't play along, you lose your friends, or the bigger threat, is you lose your job. 

That's the tool being used to bully people.  If you don't think what we tell you to think, we'll get you fired.

It's also the reason, I suspect, that Donald Trump is doing so well.  A bunch of people who are tired of being bullied see someone who can't be bullied.  And even if they don't agree with the stuff he says, the fact that he says it, people throw fits and try to take him down, and he doesn't give a shit is inspiring to them.
Fixed. Thanks, Min.

-walsh
I'm also having a problem finding the suspicious activity report. In one of the videos in the provided link a female neighbor said in hindsight that they were receiving packages and the shooter worked in his garage, but even she said that was nothing out of the ordinary and was only considered in retrospect.
Ah, thanks dear.  All is now clear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TheBlaze

Quote:TheBlaze is an independent news and entertainment television network and website founded by conservative talk radio personality and entrepreneur Glenn Beck.
(December 5, 2015 at 12:02 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: But what is the objectively right thing?

Ask God, remember?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your ideal home office/computer pit. Gawdzilla Sama 4 742 August 25, 2018 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What's yer footcovers at home, cas like? Gawdzilla Sama 28 1237 February 14, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: brewer
  Electrical short somewhere in my mobile home. Brian37 13 1997 January 9, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  I'm home Edwardo Piet 9 1752 December 3, 2017 at 7:16 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Mobile home trailers, remodel or replace? Brian37 22 3060 September 9, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Work From Home Water Cooler Thread Shell B 43 4430 July 24, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Question for the PC police about racism... IanHulett 17 2735 January 6, 2017 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  AF Skype Room: Why I Miss Its Activity Edwardo Piet 16 2885 October 31, 2016 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Free to a good home. Expired 12 3354 October 18, 2016 at 5:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Biological Strategy to end Racism chimp3 46 3706 September 26, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13