Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP
Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP
And..... no one cares.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/be...ost-216674

Quote: Ben Carson blasts RNC, threatens to leave Republican Party
'I will not sit by and watch a theft,' he says.
RE: Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP
Well that's one theocrat we don't have to worry about getting the presidency. If we ever really needed to worry.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

So, he's a demo now ?

How's this gonna work ?

or are we looking at a nascent 7th Day Adventist political party ??

(just pimping 'True' Christers there, Tongue)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

HAHAA!!!!

Oh the GOP is desperate! They know they'll never win with one of the three headed demagogue Medusa monster that is staring them in the face!

Oh they are staring their crazy ass base in the eyes, and don't know what they fuck to do. They know that any of the three idiots at the top right now would gain their bloc's votes and no one else. It seems like a lot right now--they are mobilizing the crazies--but when it comes to a general election, there will be a landslide the other way. They know this.

Marco Rubio is their only shot at the presidency. He grabs the base and the mainline conservatives. And he's like in 5th.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I think this is Carson's way of saying "Hey, guys, I'm still here."  He's sinking faster than a stone.
The amusing thing to me is that these Jesus cunts stole the party in the late 70s.
As Goldwater said they would.

Quote: “Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Barry M. Goldwater
The GOP courted the conservative Christians, the Tea Party types, and the xenophobes and they are finally reaping the whirlwind. Cry me a river.

The Republicans are on life support, at least so far as the Presidency is concerned. Hell, they probably would have collapsed years sooner if McCain had won in '08 because they would have had to own the George W. mess completely. As it is, the country gave them a fucking gift by electing and re-electing Obama, providing them a handy bogey man they could blame for as much of it as they could get away with. But I think this is the election that will make or break them. The party can cave to the base and lose mightily in November, or they can weasel one of their establishment favorites into the nomination and risk their base staying home or Trump running as an independent. I agree with Steel that Rubio is probably their best hope, but even then I don't see him beating Clinton. She would have to be found at a murder scene with a bloody knife in her hand to blow it.

I should add that to say the GOP might be going away in the not-so-distant future is not to say that center-left or more liberal views have really carried the day. This country will remain the center-right curiosity it's been for years, and the mouth-breathers on the far right will become even more emboldened to "take back" the country. I believe a GOP collapse will usher in an even nastier, more polarized electorate than we have now. Bad as it seems, we're not even near the bottom of the barrel.

Interesting times, as the Chinese curse would have it.
(December 11, 2015 at 3:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: As Goldwater said they would.

Quote: “Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Barry M. Goldwater
A very apt quote. It's unsurprising that the GOP shut down the government once, and almost shut it down again. Partly because they keep slipping unrelated things into bills that need to be passed, because they have an agenda but can't pass the things they want without it being connected to something else.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2098 129010 April 21, 2024 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1016 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9997 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2824 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1026 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1461 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1624 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1122 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2500 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "intellectual"Ben cukpiro:Congresspeople Being ‘Bought & Paid For’ Is ‘Pretty Rare’ Cepheus Ace 0 201 February 15, 2019 at 2:57 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace