Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your best and worst qualities?
What are your best and worst qualities?
Share the one thing you think is best about yourself, and the one thing you think is worst about yourself.

Here are mine:  

I think my best quality is compassion. I always feel with the other person and I feel really awful if I ever hurt someone's feelings or make someone feel sad, embarrassed, uncomfortable, etc. Even when someone is being a jerk I usually can't bring myself to be mean to them. Perfect example is this: I often get phone calls from scammers, pretending to work at my bank or for my internet provider, etc, when really they're crooks trying to steal all my money. Usually they call and tell me there's a problem with my _____ and start asking for personal information. Obviously I always know they are scammers, like, immediately. But I can never bring myself to stay on the phone and call them out on their BS and harass them. I always just hang up. And with animals, of course, all it takes is for me to see one and I'm immediately involved and need to help it. I can't walk away from an animal in any sort of distress. That's why I can't go into animal shelters. 

Now time to make myself vulnerable - The worst thing about me I would have to say is vanity. I'm very much into appearances of people and things. I'm a super visual person, so I love beautiful things and beautiful people. I want my house to always look really nice and I want my husband to stay in shape and dress nice. I'm critical of my own appearances and always strive to look better, and feel horrified when a bad picture of me gets put on facebook. I like to have nice clothes, nice things, and I like to present myself and mine in a way that looks good, visually.  I always admire women who are super pretty and spend a little too much time looking at pictures of them on google images and wishing I could look like them. I know this makes me seem like a really superficial person, and I won't deny that. Obviously I care about "what's on the inside" as well, very much, but I do care about appearances more than I should.   

What about yall? Best and worst thing?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: What are your best and worst qualities?
For that I'd need self-awareness and objectivity. Since I don't have either my answer is that I'm worthless and a bad person.
I don't think vanity is a bad thing. There's the argument that good looks don't last, but you can always look your best. I think it's plain good manners, really. We live in a physical world and we have visuals that we like and visuals that we don't like. Then we have theory of mind- "If I think *this* of that person, what do these people think of me? Better look my best." No problem with that.

There are people who don't put in an effort to look their best (Myself included. Presentable is good enough for me. I don't like to stand out.), and they will surprise you with how exceptional they can be, so you do have to watch how you let looks effect how you treat people. If you are a bit vane when it comes to your own looks, but treat everyone with the same degree of respect, I don't see a problem with it.

I'm very empathetic, which could also be a bad thing. It's hard to get ahead.

I'm not very punctual and have a hard time waking up.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
My best quality is that I'm a nice guy. My worst quality is that I'm too nice. It's a double-edged sword that lets people take advantage of me.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

My best quality is being the best.
I would say that my best quality is my perception regarding people. With the vast majority of people I meet in person, I usually have a clear idea of who they are, their personality, what makes them tick, etc. in moments. Some people are hard for me to read, but most aren't. And that's good, because then I know how to not insult/offend them, how to broach certain subjects with them, and whatnot. I generally try to make people smile and laugh when I'm with them, so knowing to not cross certain lines without making a big deal about it and asking makes things run so much smoother.

My worst trait is my desire for efficiency in all things. I hate it when people move or act without a purpose, or do things in such a way that results in wasting time and/or creating more work for themselves or others. I'm impatient, and like to maximize or minimize the time spent on what I'm doing (depending on what it is, of course).

Like, my personal hell is meandering through a shopping mall with someone who's slowly looking at things on the shelf. I know exactly what I want, make a bee line to it, buy it if it's there, leave if it's not. I'm very, very happy that I live in a world where Amazon exists. I managed to finish my Christmas shopping in a day, without any of the frustration.

But, yeah, things like that where people are taking their sweet ass time while the rest of us just want to get it done.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
I'm a pretty impatient person too, Kev.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Some might view it as a 'worst' quality, but I am one stubborn mother fucker.

Without that trait, I don't think I would have had success at 12 Steppers. I haven't seen too many others put up and prevail over the kind of white knuckle misery I experienced with out a rigid commit to sticking it out long enough regardless.

And that's also why I don't spend much time with the newly sober, it's tough putting lipstick on the shit hand I was dealt to make it sound appealing to somebody else to make them want to see it thru to sobriety.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

My best qualities: Honest, sensitive to the feelings of others, empathetic, enthusiastic, good listener, compassionate, don't ignore people, I'm not bigoted, I'm rational I am good at abstract thinking, I'm not arrogant, I'm not vengeful, I'm not particularly selfish, I'm not malicious, I'm not manipulative, I'm kind, I'm affectionate, I'm not shallow and I'm loyal.

My worst qualities: Insecure, don't know when to stop typing sometimes, over-enthusiastic sometimes, talk too much, worry too much, feel like I get on everyone's nerves, make silly mistakes all the time, lack of independence, have trouble visualizing, have trouble taking hints. Low self esteem, hate myself sometimes, I whine too much, I don't know when to shut up, I take my silliness too far sometimes and on the other hand I also can be very very boring.
My best:

I'm quite intelligent in certain areas, I like to think I'm fairly witty and creative. I'm as kind as I can be to those who need and deserve it, in fact I pride myself on my compassion. I dislike looking at the world in black and white, preferring instead to weigh both sides as much as possible and recognising the world is often more complicated than we like to think. I'm not racist, homophobic, sexist, or anything like that. I will keep a secret and take it to the grave, if I must. I do my best to see the 'bigger picture' in situations.

My worst:

Holy shit. I'm often very immature, I can be extremely shy around new people, I can carry a conversation about as easily as I can a cathedral. I'm prone to bouts of extreme laziness and can't-be-arsedness. I am baffled and confounded by the myriad little details that crop up in everyday life, I'm horribly disorganised, my head is often way up in the clouds in inappropriate times. I'm shite at thinking in the long term, I'm about as logical as a spoon instead allowing my emotions to rule me, and I'm pretty crap at tackling problems head-on, instead often choosing to hide and hope that they go away.

So yeah, overall I'm not bad I guess xD
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1699 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1030 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The very best day of your life? Cod 37 3315 December 10, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Cod
  What are the major qualities you like in a person and in what order? Edwardo Piet 31 5308 April 28, 2018 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  My cat is the worst thing ever! Foxaèr 14 2993 April 24, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Worst Love Songs brewer 2 835 January 21, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close? Rhondazvous 26 3413 January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  What was the best year of your life? ƵenKlassen 30 3893 November 14, 2017 at 4:02 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  What was the worst year of your life? ƵenKlassen 21 1817 November 14, 2017 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Worst movie you've seen Cyberman 125 24306 August 27, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus