Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 7:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interupting Theist
Interupting Theist
This is a thread, basically a What would you do? format. 
Lets say you are at a regular non-religious place. 
For example, a Science class on Physics. Preventing the lesson from getting started, Multiple, as in at least 3 Theists, start yelling about how much they love Jesus or similar, annoying you from getting any work done. This is in the Bible Belt, so nobody else is going to do anything about it. If a Attendant does anything about it they may very well be fired. Now, What would you do or want to do at this moment? If you ignore it, it will continue for at least the rest of the week, at the start of every class. With that in mind, What would you do?
RE: Interupting Theist
I live in the bible belt, and I still went to a school where disruptive students were sent out of the class, regardless of what they were talking about. I doubt I would have done anything. I didn't care much for school, even though science class was one of the more interesting subjects.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'd punch them in the face. Then walk away like a boss.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'm in the Bible Belt too.  But if you're talking about a class, or a meeting, or a group of any sort that has a set start time . . . it's up to the Moderator to say "let's stop the discussion, it's time to start".  I don't care what the argument was about.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Shouldn't it be the teacher's responsibility to call security?  If they were black the cop could throw them across the room.
As a History teacher, if a student in my class interrupted, I would send them out in the hall. Doesn't matter what they're saying, unless it relates to class.
Nothing need be said. Simply give them this look:

[Image: christopher-hitchens.jpg]
(December 11, 2015 at 9:31 pm)Shining_Finger Wrote: This is a thread, basically a What would you do? format. 
For example, a Science class on Physics. Preventing the lesson from getting started, Multiple, as in at least 3 Theists, start yelling about how much they love Jesus or similar, annoying you from getting any work done. This is in the Bible Belt, so nobody else is going to do anything about it. If a Attendant does anything about it they may very well be fired. Now, What would you do or want to do at this moment? If you ignore it, it will continue for at least the rest of the week, at the start of every class. With that in mind, What would you do?
Well firstly I'd listen to the actual words they were using and try to turn them against them.
Then I'd run away very fast as the bible belt is not known for it's toleration of others views.
If they said "I love Jesus" I'd say something like "do you put it his butt or suck his dick?" for example, I may mention a popular brand of sexual lubricant if I'm feeling fancy.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 11, 2015 at 9:31 pm)Shining_Finger Wrote: This is a thread, basically a What would you do? format. 

I don't live in any sort of bible belt and it's been years since I've been involved in any sort of education, but I'd probably just complain and report everyone involved as much as I possibly could.  Maybe I'm underestimating the power of Jesus idiots in places like this, I don't know.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I would immediately assert my dominance of the situation by hooting and thumping my chest. If that didn't work, I would provide a practical physics demonstration by throwing my feces at the offending theists, then require them to produce papers calculating the mass, velocity and kinetic energy released upon impact.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 429 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 1933 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 1895 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 11672 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 145671 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Why was Newton a theist? Alexmahone 65 12542 March 24, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1095 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Hug a Theist vulcanlogician 31 5501 December 23, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Sad I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? Mariosep 1101 112551 December 12, 2016 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔ The Joker 348 44032 November 26, 2016 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Amarok