Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sex in Harry Potter?
Sex in Harry Potter?
I read the books and am trying to recall were there any descriptions of sex in Harry Potter?

I do recall one point where the astrologer told her students to look at Uramus and one student qupped something to the effect of "I'd love to look at your anus." But that may just be a singular event and forgiveable as such.

I'm asking because one of my characters has to go into a brothel where the girls have been instructed to keep him busy all night. Hey plots can take unforeseen twists over which I, the writer, don't have complete control.

I'm reading what I wrote about what the girls do to him. It's not 69 area material but some more mild mannered readers might consider this too heady for science fantasy. Still, the gods of novel craft have decreed that the character must go in there and he must stay for several hours. Do you think maybe I should skip the description and just fade to black after he enters the house?

Note: Most of the characters are adults, but the protag is a boy.

what sayest thou?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Sex in Harry Potter?
Umm just go after him yourself Tongue

Who knows, maybe you'll just find him playing video games with the brothel staff Wink
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(December 13, 2015 at 2:52 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: I read the books and am trying to recall were there any descriptions of sex in Harry Potter?

That's simply because there isn't any sex. The books are pretty mature for different reasons and make for entertaining adult reading material, but sex is totally out of the picture. 18 year olds snogging is all you get and when they fall in love, marriage is implied and the instant production of babies. Married, of course.

If anyone's saying, there's sesx in these books, I wonder what their definition of sex looks like.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Big snake thing in the tunnel ?

No one else picked up on that ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 13, 2015 at 3:01 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Big snake thing in the tunnel ?

Omfg help
(December 13, 2015 at 3:01 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Big snake thing in the tunnel ?

Dodgy

Disappointed
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

He's so tiny. Would have to be little people sex to even fit and then self gratification only.

Unless Harry is stretcher than I imagine.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
There would be spells and potions.

Hell, imagine the deve community in the Potter universe and what they could conjer up for fun.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Well, if Hermione had blown Malfoy in an earlier book he would have taken their side sooner...
Dying to live, living to die.
I've read the books and listened to the books on tape many times. There is no description of sex.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2234 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Brunei to Punish Adultery and Gay Sex With Death by Stoning Megabullshit 0 230 March 31, 2019 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  What Was Your Sex Education Like? Jade-Green Stone 30 2722 October 21, 2018 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  A Thought On Oral Sex BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1676 September 22, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another sex poll...4 or 9? John V 85 14606 April 19, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Food or sex? Which would you give up? Angrboda 67 6000 January 1, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Ethics of sex robots Catholic_Lady 171 12569 November 1, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Song Thread: Sex and Violence brewer 0 465 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Harry Dean Stanton Dead Crossless2.0 10 1290 September 20, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Sexual Pleasure after a Sex Change Operation Rhondazvous 13 4757 April 18, 2017 at 10:21 am
Last Post: AceBoogie