Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Guys: Would you ever rape and murder a girl?
Over the course of this year, I have lost faith that a god exists because of insufficient evidence and applying my skepticism to my religion that I followed for so many years. But I have a problem... I was talking to my two cousins and they were saying how they would rape and murder a girl and dispose of her. (They are atheists as well) I've been thinking a lot recently about this. Since I'm an atheist now, I'm starting to feel like raping and murdering a girl isn't necessarily
"wrong". Fellow atheists: Is this truly "wrong". And if so, how is it wrong?  Atheists, would you do something like this? Why or why not, please explain...

[quote='Mark94xCPP' pid='1143521' dateline='1450227356']
RE: Guys: Would you ever rape and murder a girl?
Go fuck yourself.
(December 15, 2015 at 8:59 pm)Cato Wrote: Go fuck yourself.

You didn't answer my question...
You're either a twisted little piece of work, or a poe. I'm hoping the latter. If religion has kept you from raping and murdering people, then I hope you find god again. Either way, i suggest you get psychiatric help.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I do that for a living, it gets easier the more you do it. In my defense, Christians have done it far more often...
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

How would it be any more wrong even if there were a God? All that adds is a guy who says don't do it. And maybe punishes you unless you repent later on. What's the same whether or not there is a God is the enormous suffering you bring on another person. If you are a psychopath and you don't care at all about the wellbeing of others, well, there's no actual cosmic rules to say you can't or anything. But I've argued that even a psychopath, if being honest, should at least acknowledge that his own actions would absolutely horrify him if he knew the actual subjective facts he is causing in doing something like that. His lack of care requires ignorance of that--psychopathy is a kind of retardation, the complete lack of a sense, a way of knowing.
To quote Cato, go fuck yourself.

Any time anyone says "fellow atheists" I'm instantly suspicious, and your shit just reeks of troll.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 15, 2015 at 9:04 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Any time anyone says "fellow atheists" I'm instantly suspicious, and your shit just reeks of troll.

The immediate 'because of insufficient evidence' reference makes me suspect sock.
(December 15, 2015 at 9:04 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: To quote Cato, go fuck yourself.

Any time anyone says "fellow atheists" I'm instantly suspicious, and your shit just reeks of troll.
I am an atheist. I've realized there's no actual evidence to back up theistic beliefs. Theistic beliefs are baseless, and I've come to realize that. Thanks for answering my question.
Raping and murdering is too Old Testament for my tastes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3194 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11353 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Have You Guys... Icy 26 3762 July 22, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6523 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Would you as an atheist EVER do this? Alexmahone 41 6512 December 6, 2017 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  I told my little girl about angels yesterday... Jehanne 44 10751 September 6, 2017 at 11:23 am
Last Post: mordant
  These guys make me sick Manowar 23 7893 July 8, 2017 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Do You Ever Miss God? Rhondazvous 75 20783 May 20, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Guys do you believe Howard Storm's NDE? arda101 208 54937 March 6, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4689 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite