Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A great point of hypocrisy and discrimination -By Ryan Higa(nigahiga)
A great point of hypocrisy and discrimination -By Ryan Higa(nigahiga)
This a point ive agreed with from the start, and have defended on multiple threads in the forum, and although hes a comedy based youtube channel, he makes a great point that a lot of people tend to forget. I have seen it many times on this forum, maybe not to the same extent, but definitely the same direction about Muslims and making overall generalizations.

https://youtu.be/mQHw0bSRBWc
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: A great point of hypocrisy and discrimination -By Ryan Higa(nigahiga)
[Image: Strawman.png]
RE: A great point of hypocrisy and discrimination -By Ryan Higa(nigahiga)
(December 17, 2015 at 11:40 pm)Cato Wrote: [Image: Strawman.png]
Im sorry how is it a straw man? I mean maybe I was straw manning by being inspecific in what i was referring to, but in the video he makes a clear reference and then refutes the reffered position.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] The Great American Think Off Angrboda 4 367 June 5, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What is the point of multiple types of ethics? Macoleco 12 1154 October 2, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  What's the point of philosophy any more? I_am_not_mafia 167 26540 March 29, 2018 at 10:22 am
Last Post: stretch3172
  The great wisdom of Poverty TrueChristian 44 5230 January 18, 2016 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  A Great Philosophical Question. Pyrrho 26 6550 September 28, 2015 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Moral realism vs moral anti-realism debate is a moot point Pizza 1 1042 March 7, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The point to Human Existence? Role of Emotions. LostDays 33 6335 November 14, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest
  Why is there no mention of dinosaurs in the great book? Yahweh 64 12955 January 3, 2014 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Hypocrisy of Teachers Koolay 76 13828 July 10, 2013 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Appeal to hypocrisy John V 19 9292 December 12, 2012 at 9:32 am
Last Post: John V