Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assassination Classroom Manga
Assassination Classroom Manga
I decided against posting this in "The Arts" section to avoid arguments about Comics not being literature or after that Literature not being Art. 

Anyways, Assassination Classroom is a clever little gem that has a peculiar detail. I would recommend at least trying to watch the Anime if not reading the manga. 

The peculiar detail is on this page. 
http://mach20.org/slide/read/assassinati...62/page/14

Please look at the page before reading below. 
Have you found the detail yet? 
Okay, the detail is the Flying Spaghetti Monster getting represented. 
So, what do you think about this? 
Do you think this is a good sign, possibly of this culture being spread across the world? 
Or do you think it is a bad sign, such as the fact that F.S.M. is a fake religion being lost in public knowledge and thus that is why it was under the Religion theme? Perhaps you think this could be perpetrating that myth or the myth of Atheism being a Religion? 

Anyways, try to avoid posting spoilers if you have read or watched it, try not to listen to or read spoilers if you plan to read or watch it.
RE: Assassination Classroom Manga
ermm all religion is fake and rightfully belongs in a gag-manga... so I guess it's a good thing?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I was looking for this at BAM! today as a Christmas gift. Couldn't find it.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I'm reading the manga and i have watched most of the episodes.

Can't really say that there is a connection between Korosensei and the FSM, the Japanese are well known for tentacle monsters so the FSM never crossed my mind.
(December 19, 2015 at 7:38 pm)Red_Wind Wrote: I'm reading the manga and i have watched most of the episodes.

Can't really say that there is a connection between Korosensei and the FSM, the Japanese are well known for tentacle monsters so the FSM never crossed my mind.
Look at the freaking link...Korosensei is flying and carrying spaghetti...That is an extremely close "link." 
If you are talking about whether Korosensei originated out of the flying spaghetti monster, I doubt it. But that isn't even close to what this thread is about.
(December 20, 2015 at 12:32 pm)Shining_Finger Wrote:
(December 19, 2015 at 7:38 pm)Red_Wind Wrote: I'm reading the manga and i have watched most of the episodes.

Look at the freaking link...Korosensei is flying and carrying spaghetti...That is an extremely close "link." 
If you are talking about whether Korosensei originated out of the flying spaghetti monster, I doubt it. But that isn't even close to what this thread is about.

Ah, i missed that.My apologies.

I remember reading Franken Fran and it also had a page with the flying spaghetti, the whole manga is weird but that's what i liked about it.
http://a.mhcdn.net/store/manga/1897/04-0...1270013352

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientific literacy in the religion classroom LukeMC 10 4890 June 14, 2009 at 6:35 am
Last Post: LEDO