Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"SO-CALLED Islamic State"
"SO-CALLED Islamic State"
Because we have to say "so-called" just so we don't anger other Islamic groups into terror, for daring to suggest Islam is violent.

Anyone else noticed this irony in the news, or is it just me?
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RE: "SO-CALLED Islamic State"
I just thought it was so once we get bored of one cool acronym (ISIS) we can start using another one (SCIS, SCISIS).

Because we can't take them seriously unless they sound like a James Bond villain.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Because their interpretation of what Islam is is different from the majority of muslims and whatever people.
whatever floats your goat
(December 19, 2015 at 1:51 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote:
Because we have to say "so-called" just so we don't anger other Islamic groups into terror, for daring to suggest Islam is violent.

They should be angry at ISIS for giving themselves that title, than at us for calling the group by the name it was given.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Any news about the collation that includes 30 countries, bombing ISIS for a whole year without results ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_i...ember_2014

Just wanted to clear the air with yet another ironic fact   Angel

Here, some "hard hitting & in your face" :

God bless Chris.
The French media refer to that IS as "daesh".
It's the sound of the Arabic version of IS, but, apparently, with a negative connotation.
So... We should all use that term and shame them to oblivion.
(December 19, 2015 at 2:18 pm)pocaracas Wrote: The French media refer to that IS as "daesh".
It's the sound of the Arabic version of IS, but, apparently, with a negative connotation.
So... We should all use that term and shame them to oblivion.

We've been told to call them that as well. If we are going down the mocking route I think they should be referred to as "a bunch of fucking morons". As in "today a bunch of fucking morons attacked launched an attack on" whatever they are doing that day. "some muslims left Britain to join a bunch of fucking morons" works for eveytthing

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

We have to say "so called" because it is not a state, not because it is not Islamic.  

Not everything is nefarious appeasement.
Refusing to refer to them as a state simply denies them legitimacy, as if it really matters in their 9th century brains.

But, anyway, shame on you, Yeauxleaux! Islam is a religion of peace (except when the Qur'an dictates otherwise, of course)! Didn't you get the memo?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin

If we want the ISIS situation to be handled by surrounding countries - which we do, since we've learned that putting US/UN boots on the ground tends to make the situation in the region progressively worse - AND if almost all of those countries are essentially islamic states, doesn't it kind of makes sense, to try and publicly downplay the role of religion in the conflict?

We're NOT going to be able to defeat ISIS AND shame the arabic nations to denounce islam at the same time. I think complaining about politicians not "saying like it is" is pretty naive. It's their job. It's called - diplomacy.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal? FlatAssembler 10 950 August 12, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Rainbow Invite the people of the world to attack the Islamic religion Eclectic 9 1245 December 14, 2022 at 11:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why "Jihad" martyrdom is important in Islamic faith? AniKoferBo 13 1380 January 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Islamic prophet's foreknowledge of the Terfeziaceae's health benefits R00tKiT 29 2632 July 4, 2021 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  When was Sunni Islamic hadiths first translated to English Sweden83 1 573 December 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 5842 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4542 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7732 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Females are less intelligent than men according to authentic Sunni islamic hadith Binki21 9 1306 November 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 2993 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3