Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who want proof of the exodus
For those who want proof of the exodus
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3464018/

This one can be found on Netflix.
I know it's a tall ask to ask anyone to watch hour and half two hour movie for the sake of debate. That's not what I'm doing here I am providing a resource for those who want an honest look at what evidence their is for the exodus. In this film every major point before and after the exodus is examined and what they have found out there in the sand.

I say an honest look because this the evidence and theory that binds the evidence has holes. Those holes are identified and discussed. ultimatly it is up to you to look at all the evidence and decide for yourself.
RE: For those who want proof of the exodus
Well, there's this:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_Exodus

And then this:

http://biblicalremains.com/another-broke...-evidence/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
We're still waiting on confirmation of God's existence. Debating minutia and folderol that He supposedly was involved in 13,699,996,300 years after the Big Bang is putting the cart before the horse.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

So your good with someone else doing your thinking for you?

The wiki arrival does not even address the evid need provided.

The second focuses on the improbability that conventional wisdom and dates can not be wrong.

What both fail to address is what the film does do very well. Provide archeological evid nice for the Joseph, Joseph's saving Egypt from a 7 year drout Joseph's grave the grave to his twelve brothers. The city where the family of Joseph grew into the nation of Israel. The evidences for the enslavement, the evidences for all the 1 born males being slaughtered in the time of Moses. The Egyptian papyrus that describes the plagues, the written Egyptian evidence for the exodus. The loss of their army. The destruction of Jericho 40 years later and on and on and on...

So there's that. The only thing holding back verification is our current perception of egypts time line.

You articals claim that what this film doesn't do is offer anything new. Let me ask you then. When you all say their is absolutely nothing in egypts history that shows Jews being slaves to Egypt, why is the information provided in this film omitted? Even if it does not fit the current time line their is proof of Jewish enslavement and exodus.
(December 20, 2015 at 12:12 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: We're still waiting on confirmation of God's existence.  Debating minutia and folderol that He supposedly was involved in 13,699,996,300 years after the Big Bang is putting the cart before the horse.

Good new voltron!
All you need do for proof is A/S/K as out line in Luke 11. And Christ Himself promised to provide proof!
Quote:So your good with someone else doing your thinking for you?

Whereas you're okay with letting a documentary film do the same for you?

How about adding some commentary of your own, encapsulating what the film has to say and what you think about it and why?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
A/S/K doesn't narrow down the 40,000 christer choices much.

And if it turns out the Hindus are right, I'm still fucked.

Where's the certainty ?? A/S/K wrong and you still get the molten lava douche for endless eternity.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It doesn't even narrow down the thing it's trying to prove. You have to keep doing it until you get the right answer, because every time you don't get an answer is confirmation that it works and you're just doing it wrong.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I'm sorry Drich but the IMDB reviews for the documentary show that it is highly biased, and doesn't address the conventional wisdom - whatever it may be - very much, and that alone is enough to put me off watching it. Then the two articles linked to by mh brewer were the last two nails in the coffin for me. But kudos for the polite manner of your OP, which was nice enough and respectful enough, to make me be willing to look. PS Merry Christmas  Smile
(December 20, 2015 at 12:26 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
Quote:So your good with someone else doing your thinking for you?

Whereas you're okay with letting a documentary film do the same for you?

How about adding some commentary of your own, encapsulating what the film has to say and what you think about it and why?
Lol when has that ever happened?

I've already tipped my hand I will be going just to give you guys a heads up. Be patient and let's see how this all plays out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6384 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1269 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] What would you want in a church tackattack 44 3669 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies! YahwehIsTheWay 37 5559 December 6, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Exodus 21 Bahana 69 6369 November 9, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Those Theists Willie23 50 5260 May 21, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10076 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2741 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6122 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 18929 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished