Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best christmas gifts
Best christmas gifts
Hi everyone

What was the best gift you ever received at Christmas??

And if you like the worst as well.
I'm confused, Oh wait maybe I'm not
RE: Best christmas gifts
My family did our gift exchange last night and I got blinds for my living room window!!! Top down bottom up cell shades. I was about to start measuring to put them up.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
The best gift you can give is time and you can give that any day. Anything you give does not have to be expensive. I value the time.
I 'won' a plush moose at a HIV Buddy Program christmas party many years ago.

(I suspect the contest was rigged, I think I needed a spliff of some kind and the rest of them noticed and arranged things)

Close runner up:

thank you card for employer provided turkey.  I filled out the form to decline the turkey (I lived alone and what am I going to do with a 22 pound turkey?) and assumed that was the end of it.  Employer donated all the unwanted turkeys to a homeless shelter, unbeknownst to me till I got the thank you card.  (I just about cried at my desk, and I can assure you when you work at a defense contractor making the bomb bay mechanism for B-52 and B-2 strategic nuclear attack aircraft, getting caught crying at your desk is just about the uncoolest thing you can ever do, it would have been a total loss of caste)

How about that, found a pic of the moose, ain't the internet grand?

[Image: th?id=OIP.M699b11f7154ffd3f8ad2a9e83c66f...=300&h=300]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

When I was a kid, my otherwise lame and oblivious parents got me one of these.  Probably THE COOLEST toy I've ever had. 

[Image: JohnnyAstroBox.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I can't decide between my first CD player, Visual Basic 3 and the complete volumes of Landau,Lifshitz theoretical physics, GDR edition Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

This is an easy one. In 2005, my wife and I had what we've since called the Christmas of Coincidence. She got me the best gift I've ever had (Christmas or otherwise): an original Harpo Marx squeeze horn, used by him in 'Monkey Business' and 'Horse Feathers'.

The coincidence is because that was the same year I got her a script of 'The Great Dictator', autographed by Chaplin.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A new PC.  I can't remember which year it was but it was a while ago.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Vac-U-Form

http://vid285.photobucket.com/albums/ll5...U-Form.mp4

Getting replacement sheets ultimately became an issue.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Best Xmas gift ever was when after having lost my box of all my music CDs and video games for several months... I found them on Xmas day. I'd put them under the bed behind lots of other boxes, neat and safe away... and completely forgotten about it. I found them again on Xmas and it was like I gave myself the best surprise Xmas present ever lol.

LOL

Nah, in all seriousness I get my birthday and Xmas presents mixed up. There have been many good ones. Pretty much all were music and video games.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 705 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 847 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 705 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Merry Christmas!! Jehanne 10 741 December 26, 2021 at 8:28 am
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2889 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1702 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s a reasonable amount to give on Christmas? Apollo 3 341 December 25, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 793 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christmas cards brewer 8 472 December 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm
  Merry Christmas you old otter you no one 3 1045 December 7, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah