Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 2:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caffeine
Caffeine
I have not consumed caffeine since my high school years, which has been around seventeen years, and I have never consumed coffee until just recently.

When I drink coffee, it makes me all jittery, it increases my heart rate, and it makes me feel, for the lack of a better term, as though I am high, though I have never been high.

Is coffee supposed to be affecting me this way, or is it only doing this because I have no tolerance for caffeine?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Caffeine
A couple of cups of coffee shouldn't make you jittery, nor should it give you a high. It might make you feel more alert, but it's not the same as the high you get off more powerful drugs.

Sounds like you don't have a very good tolerance for caffeine. Why not try decaf instead?
Caffeine affects people in different ways caffeine itself is a drug.
Well caffeine is like injecting NOS into your engine I.E. caffeine speeds up your nervous system causing jitters.
It also has a effect on your neural system giving you that high.
If a cup of coffee is doing that to you well you should really do decaf.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 22, 2015 at 7:52 pm)Kitan Wrote: I have not consumed caffeine since my high school years, which has been around seventeen years, and I have never consumed coffee until just recently.

When I drink coffee, it makes me all jittery, it increases my heart rate, and it makes me feel, for the lack of a better term, as though I am high, though I have never been high.

Is coffee supposed to be affecting me this way, or is it only doing this because I have no tolerance for caffeine?

Personally I think people can be complacent towards caffeine because it's legal and common but I think it affects everyone different and it might affect some people really badly.

I have a weird heartbeat and I always find that caffeine affects that badly, you probably do have a low tolerance for it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Caffeine is a drug. A vasoconstricting stimulant that increases alertness (yay!), along with BP, heart rate, and respirations(boo!). And it's effects are very noticeable to people who aren't used to consuming it. Be careful.
Caffeine is a gateway drug to ephedra.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Where are you buying your coffee?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Please don't tell me its from Jesus Martinez
Anyone here tried granulated tea? SO much better than coffee.
Pound for pound it actually contains more caffeine. I put 3 teaspoons in to make it particularly strong and I feel... chirpy. :-)

(December 22, 2015 at 7:52 pm)Kitan Wrote: though I have never been high.

... I am hosting an intervention for you at some point.
And don't say "Oh but I'm high on life". People who say that sicken me to my stomach.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I need coffee to get my heart started in the morning.  But I don't drink it after about 2 PM or I'd never get to sleep.

It is very effective at what it does.