Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is wrong with you customers?
What is wrong with you customers?
Having worked in retail my entire life, it is continually disheartening to encounter customers who are the epitome of the me-me-me phenomenon. Selfish people who are standing at the counter, waiting for sliced meats and cheeses on Christmas Eve literally five minutes before the store is about to close. Goodness forbid that they go without sliced cold cuts so that others can get home early for the holiday. Goddammit, people, stop being so damn selfish.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: What is wrong with you customers?
Mmm meats and cheeses.

I thought you said "Christmas Evie" AGAIN I misread the word "Eve".
Mmmmmm... cold cuts and sliced cheeses.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
If you don't want to selflessly serve the public (customer is almost always right) you might want to consider another career path.

I'll make it easy for you. Give me head cheese please! (see what I did there?)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 24, 2015 at 10:26 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: If you don't want to selflessly serve the public (customer is almost always right) you might want to consider another career path.

I'll give you head alright, and you'll love it.
~ Erin Hunter
(December 24, 2015 at 10:27 pm)Kitan Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 10:26 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: If you don't want to selflessly serve the public (customer is almost always right) you might want to consider another career path.

I'll give you head alright, and you'll love it.

Agree to a mouth full of Velveeta and bite blocks and I'll take it under consideration.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 24, 2015 at 10:31 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Agree to a mouth full of Velveeta and bite blocks and I'll take it under consideration.

Very well.
~ Erin Hunter
(December 24, 2015 at 7:16 pm)Kitan Wrote: Having worked in retail my entire life, it is continually disheartening to encounter customers who are the epitome of the me-me-me phenomenon.  Selfish people who are standing at the counter, waiting for sliced meats and cheeses on Christmas Eve literally five minutes before the store is about to close.  Goodness forbid that they go without sliced cold cuts so that others can get home early for the holiday.  Goddammit, people, stop being so damn selfish.

Holiday work stories . . . meh.

I spent early morning last Christmas boarding a ship in near freezing weather to witness the removal of a corpse, some poor guy who flew to Jamaica from the Philippines to work as an engineer on the vessel for a six-month stint, but was found dead in his bunk two days out of port on his way to New Orleans. The body had been kept in the galley walk-in freezer during the four days' transit, and the Master informed me that several members of his crew were so seriously creeped out by the man's death that they would take insanely out-of-the-way routes around the ship just to avoid walking past his room. Needless to say, I'd have rather been home.

I spent years working in the bar/restaurant business with damn few holidays off. Christmas? Seldom. New Year's? Forget it.

In '92 I managed a group home for developmentally disabled adults and spent painstaking hours creating a house-of-cards work schedule that managed to indulge every employee's stated wishes for days off and days to work over the holidays. Then I drove through a snow storm to be with my children on Christmas day.  I got there at 3:00 am, looking forward to seeing my girls after a few hours of sleep, only to be awakened at 5:00 am by my mother because I had a long distance call from work: none of the scheduled employees had shown up for work (or even bothered to call in), and the other group homes had no extra staff to spare to take care of the residents in mine. So I drove back the 140 miles (it was still storming like a motherfucker) to work on Christmas Day. My kids never did see me that holiday.

The moral? It's your job. Nut up and do it.
(December 24, 2015 at 10:36 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: The moral? It's your job. Nut up and do it.

Nice story, but I disagree with the ending.
~ Erin Hunter
(December 24, 2015 at 10:46 pm)Kitan Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 10:36 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: The moral? It's your job. Nut up and do it.

Nice story, but I disagree with the ending.

Then it's a good thing you're in retail and not in the cargo ship business or in charge of group homes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4704 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 446 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A DNR that went wrong. Jehanne 12 795 March 31, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  was it my big boobs or just the wrong stool funcouple 8 961 August 30, 2019 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Computer repair workshop customers I need your help purplepurpose 12 1117 March 18, 2019 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Born in the wrong country Alexmahone 3 898 April 20, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  What's Wrong Amarok 32 4295 January 14, 2017 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Dear Customers, Foxaèr 45 3021 October 11, 2016 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I was wrong rado84 30 2976 July 22, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: rado84
  It should never be considered wrong Foxaèr 35 2999 July 8, 2016 at 6:09 am
Last Post: ignoramus