Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung Gear VR
Samsung Gear VR
So because i'm spoilt, I not only got a Samsung S6 Edge+ after using my old phone for 5 some years, but for christmas today I got the samsung gear VR.

I have never experienced anything in VR and I am completely blown away. It's VR completely powered by my phone, and it looks amazing. I just got finished doing this 360 deg. clip of the ISS flying over the earth in space. I'm sorry I don't mean to brag, i'm just amazed at how cool this technology is, I have no idea how it works.

What are your experiences with Virtual Reality?
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Samsung Gear VR
none... lol
Well, I was religious once. Does that counts as VR? Big Grin

Thats cool man. I still carry my old S4. It I intend to keep it till it breaks, its a nice piece of equipment.
I built myself a cardboard vr for my old Android set when I first heard about it, and I love the experience. I love the 360 videos and the beautiful cardboard demos, like roaming around Jurassic park, beautiful horror games. Yes it still doesn't feel quite natural but still I loved the experience.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

the oculus rift dk1 great piece of technology when i demoed it but i want to get the consumer release version.
the oculus rift really does put you there inside of the game and everything it's amazing.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 26, 2015 at 12:22 pm)dyresand Wrote: the oculus rift dk1 great piece of technology when i demoed it but i want to get the consumer release version.
the oculus rift really does put you there inside of the game and everything it's amazing.

Wait till they actually release the wireless motion-controllers. Big Grin

But to be truthful I am more hyped about AR projects like hololens than VR.  Oh how I wish I could actually get a hololens demo first hand... sigh!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(December 26, 2015 at 12:26 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(December 26, 2015 at 12:22 pm)dyresand Wrote: the oculus rift dk1 great piece of technology when i demoed it but i want to get the consumer release version.

Wait till they actually release the wireless motion-controllers. Big Grin

But to be truthful I am more hyped about AR projects like hololens than VR.  Oh how I wish I could actually get a hololens demo first hand... sigh!

Same here the applications with the hololense is limitless though some people will use it for perverted stuff. 
It will make 3d modeling a lot easier.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 27, 2015 at 3:04 am)dyresand Wrote:
(December 26, 2015 at 12:26 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Wait till they actually release the wireless motion-controllers. Big Grin

Same here the applications with the hololense is limitless though some people will use it for perverted stuff. 
Yeah but AR and VR are different things, and have different goals for experiences with the user. I am personally very excited about Hololens, in fact I posted a thread about it before, but that doesnt mean I cant also be excited about the Gear as well. AR will be good for a lot of things, i dont think you could compare it to VR and say its better or worse though simply because they do different things.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(December 27, 2015 at 4:39 am)Heat Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 3:04 am)dyresand Wrote: Same here the applications with the hololense is limitless though some people will use it for perverted stuff. 
Yeah but AR and VR are different things, and have different goals for experiences with the user. I am personally very excited about Hololens, in fact I posted a thread about it before, but that doesnt mean I cant also be excited about the Gear as well. AR will be good for a lot of things, i dont think you could compare it to VR and say its better or worse though simply because they do different things.

Not quite! AR encompasses VR as AR can be used to replicate VR but not the other way around.
- Lau Tzu

(December 27, 2015 at 5:18 am)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 4:39 am)Heat Wrote: Yeah but AR and VR are different things, and have different goals for experiences with the user. I am personally very excited about Hololens, in fact I posted a thread about it before, but that doesnt mean I cant also be excited about the Gear as well. AR will be good for a lot of things, i dont think you could compare it to VR and say its better or worse though simply because they do different things.

Not quite! AR encompasses VR as AR can be used to replicate VR but not the other way around.
Actually not entirely, as with the samsung gear vr there is capability thats been demonstrated by actual use in which the camera on the phone itself can be looked through while in the VR device, and has the ability to allow AR through the camera using the existing VR within the device.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Samsung Galaxy S5 v. LG G3 John V 6 1216 August 13, 2014 at 12:27 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626