Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community?
Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community?
So... by now... you probably know of shit like this:

[Image: CXcSkJiUMAATX8a.png:large]

He is incredibly dogmatic. He blocks people for disagreeing with him. How can we take anything he says seriously if he responds to criticism by blocking people? How should we respond to people like this? Should we give them attention? Or should we avoid them at all costs?

These atheists are making atheists as a whole look like we have nothing intelligent to say about religion or anything really.

What are your thoughts on this?
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community?
Are you dumb, or just lacking the brain capacity to detect sarcasm/satire?
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community?
(December 29, 2015 at 11:28 pm)Heat Wrote: Are you dumb, or just lacking the brain capacity to detect sarcasm/satire?

And that's another problem I've noticed. A decent amount of his fans are overly hostile to anybody who criticizes him... much like what you've just demonstrated right now.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

And blocking folks who disagree with him is just one problem I have with him. Remember him doxxing Creationist Cat? Does that just fly by your head?

The fact that there are people who support him scare me. So, as far as I'm concerned... no... he isn't being sarcastic. So... call me dumb, but just shows your lack of ability to back yourself up.

Roo is our God. Don't you dare go after Roo, you pink creature, you!!!
Okay... maybe he was being sarcastic:

http://imgur.com/d19XXEQ

But you see... even if he was... that still doesn't change the fact that he doxxes people too. What kind of person responds to criticism by doxxing people?

(December 29, 2015 at 11:37 pm)IanHulett Wrote: And blocking folks who disagree with him is just one problem I have with him. Remember him doxxing Creationist Cat? Does that just fly by your head?

The fact that there are people who support him scare me. So, as far as I'm concerned... no... he isn't being sarcastic. So... call me dumb, but just shows your lack of ability to back yourself up.
What? My lack of ability to back myself up?

No, it's clearly satire, and no one can control if a person takes sarcasm/satire literally and agrees with it.

Remember him....what?

Why are you assuming everyone is some fan of this guy, i've clicked a few of his videos, I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to.

Edit: By the way, I don't know anything about this "Doxxing" you speak of, frankly I was simply responding to what you originally posted, which was clearly sarcasm on his part. I do not in any way support doxxing, but that's not was originally being discussed.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(December 29, 2015 at 11:47 pm)Heat Wrote:
(December 29, 2015 at 11:37 pm)IanHulett Wrote: And blocking folks who disagree with him is just one problem I have with him. Remember him doxxing Creationist Cat? Does that just fly by your head?

What? My lack of ability to back myself up?

No, it's clearly satire, and no one can control if a person takes sarcasm/satire literally and agrees with it.

Remember him....what?

Why are you assuming everyone is some fan of this guy, i've clicked a few of his videos, I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to.

You didn't know he doxxed Creationist Cat? Huh. Well... if you're interested, here's some more information on the matter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKE3OENUPIQ

I must be old, because I don't know who this person is, nor why I should give a shit about anything they do. I don't 'get' the YouTube celebrity thing, and see no reason to seek out people/channels that merely confirm my bias.

Moreover, someone banning someone else from their channel is just... not worth any drama. Don't like what they do? Create your own channel/forum/blog/whatever.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(December 29, 2015 at 11:26 pm)IanHulett Wrote: What are your thoughts on this?

Don't even know who that is. This OP however kinda makes you look like a petulant dolt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1003 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1183 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1726 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2822 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Does Atheists have acceptability ? hindu 40 4562 July 18, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Does forming an atheist community pose a risk to becoming a religion? yogamaster 42 4631 June 22, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4176 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Response to Darkmatter2525 ""Why Does Anything Matter?" Eik0932 23 2838 September 26, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ok Atheists! I have God Delusion! Catholic_Lady 54 9720 April 14, 2018 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2193 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet