Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fellow Linux nerds: what's your favorite distro?
Fellow Linux nerds: what's your favorite distro?
When I first tried linux for the first time, I was using Ubuntu. I loved it. Then I switched to Manjaro Xfce edition. Now... even when I install Arch Linux, or any other distro... for some reason... I am always drawn back to Manjaro... net edition specifically. No matter what. I dunno what it is about manjaro, but fsr I always return to it. I am always drawn back to gnome and gnome derivatives (mate and unity specifically) as well though fsr. Big Grin

Currently, my tower has debian installed, and my laptop has Manjaro Net edition, as well.

So... what's your favorite linux distro? Also what de or wm do you use if you use one at all?
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: Fellow Linux nerds: what's your favorite distro?
My own custom build it has a windows xp feel to it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 30, 2015 at 12:09 am)dyresand Wrote: My own custom build it has a windows xp feel to it.

I wish I could build my own distro from scratch. Too advanced for me at this time though... Sad
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
(December 30, 2015 at 12:11 am)IanHulett Wrote:
(December 30, 2015 at 12:09 am)dyresand Wrote: My own custom build it has a windows xp feel to it.

I wish I could build my own distro from scratch. Too advanced for me at this time though... Sad

Use suse it's really easy to set up a distro that way.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I always use openSuse. I never got on with Ubuntu. I just want it all to work so I stick with what's easiest and what I know.

I haven't figured out what their tumbleweed and leap releases are yet though. I just want a distribution I can download and install when I choose to and then keep updated. I need to learn more about them.
I am stuck with Ubuntu for now
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I am a lamer as well. Ubuntu for lazyness. But if I had any time on my hands, I would use Debian or Gentoo if that still exists
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I use fedora at work... Latest version works relatively well on that old Pentium 4 with 2GB of ram.

I chose fedora because other computers I connect to are running red hat and fedora is very much like red hat... Better stay in the same environment, lest nasty things sprout legs.
I have been using linux mint for a few years, never had a problem
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I am a Ubuntu or Mint fan. Although my laptop now is shit and a holdover for when I build my desktop rig. It will dual boot Windows and Mint.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's your favorite serial killer? Foxaèr 9 640 October 6, 2022 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's your favorite Weather app? Jehanne 13 1065 July 20, 2022 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Your favorite species. Brian37 43 1770 August 11, 2021 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A question for you nerds Foxaèr 20 893 December 10, 2020 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Your favorite meat approximation? Gawdzilla Sama 31 1502 August 29, 2020 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your Favorite Religious/ Scriptural Quotes chimp3 37 3798 May 6, 2020 at 11:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Your favorite type of Dog Docto021 23 1429 May 6, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Where's your favorite place to travel to? EgoDeath 21 1944 March 2, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Your all-time favorite hallucination? Gawdzilla Sama 43 2773 September 29, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What's Your Favorite Bird Amarok 65 6577 July 24, 2018 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie