Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly 50% of Democrats believe Christians are a bigger threat to the US than Muslims
Nearly 50% of Democrats believe Christians are a bigger threat to the US than Muslims
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/45.../75001.htm

What do you think about this, AF?
RE: Nearly 50% of Democrats believe Christians are a bigger threat to the US than Muslims
I think it's more evidence that our media doesn't reflect reality.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: Nearly 50% of Democrats believe Christians are a bigger threat to the US than Muslims
I am Against all Abrahamic religions. In the modern world at the moment Judaism is the smallest threat, Islam is the biggest threat and Christianity is 2nd place.

All three religions have lovely people in them and I am not against the religious, only the religions.
Nicely said, both of you. Agree. It wouldn't be entirely surprising however, because Christianity dominates the US and has for some time, and has greatly influenced the government. Any one religion that 'dominates' like Christianity has, it is bound to abuse some of its 'power' over time.
I think we can all agree Judaism isn't much of a threat to the modern world. As a whole.
In a christian dominated society, I'd be more worried about christian terrorists and theocratic presidential candidates than muslim terrorists.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Actually, the article (not the title) doesn't say that 45% of Democrats believe Christians are a bigger threat than Muslims... not even a little bit. It says that among the 1/3 of Americans who find Christians a bigger threat than Muslims, 45% of those are Democrats.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Yes, I took it from the article title, but that is right.
(December 31, 2015 at 12:58 am)The_Empress Wrote: Actually, the article (not the title) doesn't say that 45% of Democrats believe Christians are a bigger threat than Muslims... not even a little bit. It says that among the 1/3 of Americans who find Christians a bigger threat than Muslims, 45% of those are Democrats.
Quote:The question asked in the survey was straightforward: "Which do you believe pose the greatest threat to America – Muslims or Christians?"

Fifty-five percent of Democrats, 80 percent of the GOP and 64 percent of the independents answered "Muslims."

This part of the article says 55 percent of the democrats who answered the poll answered with muslims. So it would have had to be 45% answered Christians.

It's surprising because it also said black people were more likely to say Christians are the bigger threat even though I thought most black people in America are Christian.  Also it says Muslims mainly answered by saying Muslims are a bigger threat.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

But are they True Xtians?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat. Nishant Xavier 46 2644 August 6, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Jury Awards Sandy Hook Families Nearly $1 Billion BrianSoddingBoru4 19 1836 October 14, 2022 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 818 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1226 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  There's a social pandemic poisoning Europe: hatred of Muslims WinterHold 23 1321 November 2, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Democrats conspiracy theory exposed Agnostico 65 4447 May 25, 2020 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "Credible Threat" Columbine follower. Brian37 33 1474 April 18, 2019 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I Knew Democrats Were Better! Minimalist 4 815 November 17, 2018 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Hurricane Michael created by Democrats Foxaèr 6 1043 October 12, 2018 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Democrats Don't Fight Massive Defense Budget Increase at ALL The Industrial Atheist 23 3663 June 24, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Chad32