Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-sexy massage therapy
Non-sexy massage therapy
Has anyone here benefited from it? I experience moderate to severe muscle/joint pain from time and am generally unable to tolerate NSAIDs. I have a barely used prescription (probably expired) for Tramadol that's effective, but it puts me out like a light. I don't think I can safely drive work effectively with it in my system.

I'm not crazy about the idea of strangers rubbing me down, but I might consider it if I thought it could help.
RE: Non-sexy massage therapy
I go twice monthly, and LOOOOVE it. My MT is amazing, and she uses a lot of deep tissue therapy massage. I actually hurt for a day or so after, and then feel amazing. You might need to 'try' a few MT's before you settle on one, but it's well worth it.
Just before and the first few days of menstruation almost everything hurts. Shoulders, wrists, back, hips, both legs and ankles. It's fucking ridiculous. 1000 mg of Tylenol helps quite a bit, but I don't want take such a high dose continually for 4 consecutive days.

I don't think I'd mind if I hurt a little after a massage. That's how you know it's working, right?
I have a love hate relationship with it. I hate being touched. Especially by someone I don't know and trust very very well. But it improves my life drastically. Before I started doing it I had a hard time walking at all and I had to sit down and scoot myself on the steps like a toddler.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(January 3, 2016 at 10:23 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Just before and the first few days of menstruation almost everything hurts. Shoulders, wrists, back, hips, both legs and ankles. It's fucking ridiculous. 1000 mg of Tylenol helps quite a bit, but I don't want take such a high dose continually for 4 consecutive days.

I don't think I'd mind if I hurt a little after a massage. That's how you know it's working, right?

Everyone's body is very different.  My joints hurt sporadically and I know what tends to help make them feel better, a certain amount of exercise usually helps but not too much, I pretty much know what I can and can't do. 

I did go to get a massage but it didn't really do much for my joints but it might help you.  It's mainly for muscle relaxation and my massage was still felt fucking amaaaazing on my muscles, the girl who massaged me last when I last paid for one had ridiculously magic hands.   I don't think massages are supposed to hurt but maybe I'm wrong, I got mine just to feel good.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Watch the Tylenol.

SERIOUSLY.

It's not hard at all to permanently deactivate your liver, and then, most likely, you'll die.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 3, 2016 at 10:23 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Just before and the first few days of menstruation almost everything hurts. Shoulders, wrists, back, hips, both legs and ankles. It's fucking ridiculous. 1000 mg of Tylenol helps quite a bit, but I don't want take such a high dose continually for 4 consecutive days.

The deeper the MT goes, it may hurt for a day after. But, not all MT's apply the same pressure, some are more comfortable with deep tissue than others. Try a few and see what kind of touch you like. In terms of 'everything hurting' with PMS, what is your diet like? Certain foods can help stave off PMS symptoms, naturally. Smile
I have a relatively healthy diet; about 75% unprocessed. I cut back on even more on sodium and sugar around that time of my cycle, but it doesn't seem to help. I've got recurring anemia, which could have something to do with it. It's difficult to pinpoint.

What foods would you suggest adding?
(January 4, 2016 at 1:47 am)Thena323 Wrote: I have a relatively healthy diet; about 75% unprocessed. I cut back on even more on sodium and sugar around that time of my cycle, but it doesn't seem to help. I've got recurring anemia, which could have something to do with it. It's difficult to pinpoint.

What foods would you suggest adding?

Greek yogurt
Almond milk
Kale
Spinach
Bananas

If you incorporate these into your weekly diet, I have a feeling, you'll find yourself feeling better pre-period. Not 100% going to help everyone, but I'd give them a try. I hope your pms time gets better, it sucks for real when that happens.  Undecided
Thena have you asked your doctor to test for endometriosis and other such things? Usually severe PMS is a sign of another problem.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First-time, non-violent criminals do not belong in prison. Jehanne 25 1543 August 29, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Non-Alcoholic Beer Foxaèr 48 2496 June 13, 2021 at 5:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Non-Alcoholic Bears LadyForCamus 8 652 June 12, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  About non European films. Peebothuhlu 4 512 November 15, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  [Serious] Are you non-binary? Porcupine 48 3488 July 18, 2020 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Poll: Is it possible to be both very creepy and very sexy? Edwardo Piet 12 2225 May 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Too sexy for my computer Foxaèr 40 8096 May 13, 2018 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Daddy is Sexy Catholic_Lady 181 16510 November 16, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: 8BitAtheist
  A Non-Human Interest Story TheRealJoeFish 12 1904 June 1, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Some parental advice from all the lovely parentals? Non parentals also welcome :D Losty 116 10752 December 12, 2015 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet