Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:43 am

Poll: To be born -- which leads to more happiness?
This poll is closed.
Male
60.00%
6 60.00%
Female
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is better? To be born male or female?
Which is better? To be born male or female?
Assume that one is born in a First World nation in a middle to upper class.
RE: Which is better? To be born male or female?
The best thing would be born into power. Then it doesn't matter anyway. A wealthy woman, a dirt poor man, or vice versa. The one with the power will be better off for the head start.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

It's best to be born magic, IMO
Indeed, it is less of a hassle to be born male or female.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

First world? Doesn't matter. Other than still earning less when being female and having a harder time climbing the job ladder.

Money, on the other hand, is everything.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I think it is best to not be born at all.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(January 4, 2016 at 6:09 pm)Kitan Wrote: I think it is best to not be born at all.

Yeah, I'm with you. Hatching is so much cooler
It seems to me women get a rough deal physically, when it comes to having to cope with menstruation and giving birth. (The second is optional, of course, but if it's going to happen it's always the women doing it.) I certainly don't envy those things. Except for the added vulnerability of being hit in the sack, it seems men don't have something to endure to even this out.

On the other hand, women are beautiful and graceful, and men look fucking ridiculous. Especially when it comes to the genitals. Also, I suspect women can enjoy sex to a more powerful extreme than men, and can have multiple orgasms. Blokes just get the one, unless you believe those lying erotic stories.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Jesus, can you imagine me born female ??

Damn, I'd be down at the harbor every night waiting for a Turkish freighter to dock.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I don't think your sex really matters in the first world that much.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which do you want to go? Foxaèr 13 727 October 18, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Which famous clone would you adopt? Fake Messiah 10 907 January 24, 2023 at 7:49 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 804 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 675 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
Thumbs Up Is bigger really better? onlinebiker 7 394 February 27, 2022 at 8:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  Which is worse? Foxaèr 13 592 February 23, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  Which one is the correct phrase? brewer 20 1790 September 21, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Fist bumping isn't better for germaphobes Foxaèr 17 2576 September 12, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Which ancient thread of mine should I necro? Foxaèr 11 558 August 25, 2021 at 7:15 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 15 688 August 30, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4