Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:07 am

Poll: what do you think ?
This poll is closed.
you might be right.
13.33%
2 13.33%
dunno!
20.00%
3 20.00%
you're probably wrong.
66.67%
10 66.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electromagnetic waves cause brain cancer ?
Electromagnetic waves cause brain cancer ?
I know that there are no evidence on that what so ever, but what if we don't have evidence on that because we don't have the technology to prove it yet.

My feeling is that excessive exposure to highly intense EM waves might be a reason for brain cancer, as it happened a lot in my country, people who live in a building underneath a cell-site/mask do get brain cancer more often. One can tell something from the correlation alone, right ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: Electromagnetic waves cause brain cancer ?
(January 4, 2016 at 8:06 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: what if we don't have evidence on that because we don't have the technology to prove it yet.

I don't know why but your wording just made me think of this:

The problem lies within the statistics.

Think about that.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(January 4, 2016 at 8:08 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(January 4, 2016 at 8:06 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: what if we don't have evidence on that because we don't have the technology to prove it yet.

I don't know why but your wording just made me think of this:

fuck you, i'm sleepy, I meant "no scientific evidence = no actual proof", moving on Big Grin
(January 4, 2016 at 8:08 pm)Kitan Wrote: The problem lies within the statistics.  

Think about that.

*scratching my head* what do you mean exactly ? statistics are not enough ?  statistics are biased ? statistics are flawed ?
If you're talking about low frequency EM radiation like you get around power lines, I think we've put that to rest. I remember reading about some experiment where several generations of mice were exposed to crazy electric and magnetic fields and had no greater incidence of cancer than the control group - and these are mice which are particularly cancer-sensitive.

Like Kitan said, it's a problem with statistics.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Which kind of 'brain cancer' are we talking about ??

I found this list on Wiki. Are we just talking about the ones that start with the letter 'P' ???

Anaplastic astrocytoma, Astrocytoma, Central neurocytoma, Choroid plexus carcinoma, Choroid plexus papilloma, Choroid plexus tumor, Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumour, Ependymal tumor, Fibrillary astrocytoma, Giant-cell glioblastoma, Glioblastoma multiforme, Gliomatosis cerebri, Gliosarcoma, Hemangiopericytoma, Medulloblastoma, Medulloepithelioma, Meningeal carcinomatosis, Neuroblastoma, Neurocytoma, Oligoastrocytoma, Oligodendroglioma, Optic nerve sheath meningioma, Pediatric ependymoma, Pilocytic astrocytoma, Pinealoblastoma, Pineocytoma, Pleomorphic anaplastic neuroblastoma, Pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma, Primary central nervous system lymphoma, Sphenoid wing meningioma, Subependymal giant cell astrocytoma, Subependymoma, Trilateral retinoblastoma.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 4, 2016 at 8:25 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Which kind of 'brain cancer' are we talking about ??

I found this list on Wiki.  Are we just talking about the ones that start with the letter 'P' ???

Anaplastic astrocytoma, Astrocytoma, Central neurocytoma, Choroid plexus carcinoma, Choroid plexus papilloma, Choroid plexus tumor, Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumour, Ependymal tumor, Fibrillary astrocytoma, Giant-cell glioblastoma, Glioblastoma multiforme, Gliomatosis cerebri, Gliosarcoma, Hemangiopericytoma, Medulloblastoma, Medulloepithelioma, Meningeal carcinomatosis, Neuroblastoma, Neurocytoma, Oligoastrocytoma, Oligodendroglioma, Optic nerve sheath meningioma, Pediatric ependymoma, Pilocytic astrocytoma, Pinealoblastoma, Pineocytoma, Pleomorphic anaplastic neuroblastoma, Pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma, Primary central nervous system lymphoma, Sphenoid wing meningioma, Subependymal giant cell astrocytoma, Subependymoma, Trilateral retinoblastoma.

no, it's the ones that start with the letter OMG WHAT ARE ALL THOSE CANCER NAMES ?
Ever since mobiles hit the market, there has always been talk about them causing cancer. So far, there hasn't even been an attempt to cash in on that via lawsuit. I think that says a lot about the validity of these claims.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 4, 2016 at 8:16 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote:
(January 4, 2016 at 8:08 pm)Kitan Wrote: The problem lies within the statistics.  

Think about that.

*scratching my head* what do you mean exactly ? statistics are not enough ?  statistics are biased ? statistics are flawed ?

From what little you've provided I'd say bad choice of sample, no control group and lack of control for other variables.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down You can't catch me, cause the rabbit done died. Brian37 5 713 April 26, 2021 at 12:44 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Human brain activity during stone tool production. The Grand Nudger 6 1494 May 2, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Consciousness causes higher entropy compared to unconscious states in the human brain uncool 40 6020 February 1, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain? bambi_swag 11 4538 October 4, 2015 at 7:24 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Brain Cells and the Universe FallentoReason 31 14507 February 8, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Zone
  Your Brain on Facebook thesummerqueen 1 1047 November 4, 2011 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  A Good Cause The Grand Nudger 3 1515 August 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Large woody debris and sonic waves orogenicman 4 1914 May 5, 2011 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: orogenicman