Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meaningful ideas and quotes
Lightbulb 
Meaningful ideas and quotes
I started a thread on TTA with the same concept, but not sure how many here post over there. So, here is the same thread for AF. The one on TTA has been going well, it's interesting to see what ideas, and quotes move people.

I'll start...

“Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety.” ~Plato

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it enough.'' ~ Einstein
RE: Meaningful ideas and quotes
Quote:Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
-Mike Tyson.
Quote:I hate luxury. I exercise moderation…It will be easy to forget your vision and purpose once you have fine clothes, fast horses and beautiful women. [In which case], you will be no better than a slave, and you will surely lose everything.
-Genghis Khan.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 7, 2016 at 7:11 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: ''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it enough.'' ~ Einstein

That's going straight into my lexicon.

"In law, a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics, he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so."
- Immanuel Kant
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
"It is an insult to a starving people to offer them religion; it is an insult to a starving man to teach him metaphysics."

— Swami Vivekananda, "Religion not the Crying need of India"
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
"Of the gods we believe, and of men we know, that by a necessary law of their nature they rule wherever they can."
— Thucydides

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
— Thucydides
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Non urinat in ventum.

(Don't piss into the wind.)

-- An anonymous Roman sailor
'If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old.' - Peter Drucker

'The best way to predict your future is to create it.' ibid

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

*takes notes*
These are good!
Freedom imparts reality to the mechanics of photons.

http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/

Sorry, have no self restraint.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Famous Karl Marx Quotes vulcanlogician 7 559 October 2, 2021 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: DLJ
  Philosophical ideas and acting "as though" bennyboy 12 2105 March 31, 2017 at 11:15 am
Last Post: henryp
  Your favorite quotes. Lemonvariable72 42 7580 July 16, 2014 at 9:37 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Would any of you drive a car made by Darwin's ideas? professor 85 11708 March 14, 2014 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Cato
  Ideas of god? BrokenQuill92 0 983 January 10, 2014 at 4:02 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  A brief interlude of J Krishnamurti, and other great quotes liam 4 2500 September 20, 2012 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Some quotes, belonging to a philosopher Zenith 3 2589 May 23, 2011 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Zenith