Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiohead - Just
Radiohead - Just
Last year I kinda had a mental breakdown because at first I was christian, then I kinda was a luke-warm atheist where I wasn't really christian but i kinda still believed in heaven and stuff, but then i kinda realized that EVERYTHING that we are and do are nothing more than just organisms reacting to stimuli and calculating the best course of action for survival/comfort.

Like when somebody cries, they are sending a signal to others that they need help and hopefully somebody will see it and have pity and comfort them = +odds of survival

And even with religion, people talk about "spiritual experiences" - but the mind is extremely powerful and it will subconsciously make them believe what they want to believe to get that comfort. and they will keep making excuses as to why what they believe is real even when the evidence against them is clear as day because their mind needs that comfort. and now i can see that EVERYTHING we do and say or even think is nothing more than response to stimuli. and even now i eat when im hungry, i sleep when im tired, i work out to feel good, i talk to people to feel good, everything is nothing more than just stimuli and response!!! 

so i just feel like im going crazy because i can see that everything i do is just kind of my mind on autopilot, and thats how i feel about the guy in the video when he just falls down. because he realizes what this world really is nothing more than a bunch of organisms and there really is no such thing as love, or god or heaven or anything truly "special" about life , so we may as well all just die now. Cus that's all life is...Just.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qMagfZtv8