Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I'm the Godhead
Hi, I'm the Godhead
Hey there, firstly I'd like to say that as my name implies, I'm not an atheist. In fact, I couldn't be more a-atheist if I tried. I find it so interesting that some people are so convinced that there's a god and others are so convinced that there's not. Hopefully we'll have some interesting debates.

God bless you all, and I'll pray for your souls. I'm just kidding. I wanted to put a smilie there but when you click on them they don't appear in the text.

Anyway feel free to ask me anything you like. You might not like the answers, but they'll be honest, and they'll give you an insight into the crazy minds of believers. If I come out with anything that makes you want to pull your (or my) hair out, hey, just accept that we have differences in our views, and no one is obliged to be like the next person.

With that in mind, I'm sure we'll get on rather well.
RE: Hi, I'm the Godhead
Hi

Ok then, let's have a short summary of your belief system.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Welcome! We were running a bit low on crazy lately.
(July 4, 2010 at 8:10 am)Paul the Human Wrote: Welcome! We were running a bit low on crazy lately.
What forum have you been browsing?!?

Welcome Godhead. What type of believer are you? Do you just "believe" or are you following a specific religion? Also, why do you believe?
Ok, a short summary of my belief system.

The universe, everything, is god, and it is conscious. Literally everything is conscious. God is selfexistent, which means that it isn't a creation, it neither is created nor ceases to exist.
Oops, Adrian, I didn't see your post. No i don't follow any religion. And I believe in god because in my philosophy, it makes the most sense for there to be a god.
(July 4, 2010 at 8:20 am)Godhead Wrote: Ok, a short summary of my belief system.

The universe, everything, is god, and it is conscious. Literally everything is conscious. God is selfexistent, which means that it isn't a creation, it neither is created nor ceases to exist.

So are you saying that consciousness is the root of everything and the only thing that actually exists and from that everything else is imagined or, everything exists as we understand it to but also has the extra property of being conscious?

And why?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I'm saying that everything is the same thing, which is consciousness. God isn't outside of "creation", god is the "creation' manifesting itself, and we, and all of "creation", are god, in a subjective state.
Welcome Godhead.

Is it panentheism than, that you preach to our innocent natural souls?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
(July 4, 2010 at 8:20 am)Godhead Wrote: And I believe in god because in my philosophy, it makes the most sense for there to be a god.
Ok, but that isn't really an answer to "why", that's just the answer to the general question "why do we believe". Everyone believes because it makes more sense in their mind, so let's get down to specifics.

What makes more sense that points to there being a god rather than not?
(July 4, 2010 at 8:12 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(July 4, 2010 at 8:10 am)Paul the Human Wrote: Welcome! We were running a bit low on crazy lately.
What forum have you been browsing?!?

Wait. Where am I again?

Can I at least hope for a new brand of crazy?

(July 4, 2010 at 8:20 am)Godhead Wrote: The universe, everything, is god, and it is conscious. Literally everything is conscious. God is selfexistent, which means that it isn't a creation, it neither is created nor ceases to exist.

Nope. Same old crazy. Darn.