Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Christianity never existed?
What if Christianity never existed?
This is a valid what-if scenario I've been asking myself for the longest time.What if Christianity never existed,what if the Romans continued to persecute the Christians and never adopted Christianity as its state religion.How would our timeline play out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9Wk3MMtVg
RE: What if Christianity never existed?
[Image: imagine-no-religion.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Everyone would be for the most part would adopt the roman religion of multiple gods Europe the and Middle east would still be fighting over
different ideals of religion as they would have a different religion as well. The best outcome would be what if Judaism never existed that would
would remove the remove the underlying conflict of beliefs and christianity not to mention islam wouldn't exist.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
We'd all be screaming Allah Ackbar as we go screaming into hindu or general infidel business and places of worship as we blow ourselves up.. Or we be blown up by people doing this.
Dumb people would be beating off to some other mythical bearded retard.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I think that's what Drich was saying too.   Tongue
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(January 11, 2016 at 9:24 am)Drich Wrote: We'd all be screaming Allah Ackbar as we go screaming into hindu or general infidel business and places of worship as we blow ourselves up.. Or we be blown up by people doing this.

I actually doubt islam would exist if christianity didn't as islam is heavily based on christianity, and the hindus are notably un-evangelical. Infact most pagan relgions are alot more tolerant then christianity was historically. Also bear in mind, the "they burn babies" was pretty much the go to line for ancient propaganda. So while a few did commit human sacrifice, the vast majority did not. Also on a very interesting note, those that did commit human sacrifice, it was considered an honor and was done by volunteers. These volunteers where then treated as heros. Not pretty, but prettier then the bloody verdict of verdun.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Ha, this reminds me of a song... "Xmas has been X'ed" by NOFX

A fun "what-if" question.  Book recommendation time.  God against the Gods, Jon Kirsch.  The culmination of the book is the dispute between Constantine and Julian, and how the consequences of that dispute would have left us, directly, with a strengthened paganism or a burgeoning christianity.  We all know which way it went...but assessing these two rulers does show us that the terrible picture christianity painted for the mire out of which it arose was entirely baseless.  The christian faction was not the faction of tolerance or peace or progress.  They did not rescue Rome or, indeed, the world...from savages intent on sacrificing their children to the gods.

Quote:Kirsch's controversial and illuminating new book demonstrates that, contrary to the conventional wisdom of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, religious liberty and diversity were core values of classical paganism -- and it was monotheism that introduced the terrors of true belief, including holy war, martyrdom, inquisitions, and crusades.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 11, 2016 at 9:24 am)Drich Wrote: We'd all be screaming Allah Ackbar as we go screaming into hindu or general infidel business and places of worship as we blow ourselves up.. Or we be blown up by people doing this.

^If christianity never existed islam wouldn't  exist so no one would be screaming allah ackbar since you know all is well god of abraham.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Never-Ending and Quite Exasperating Debate We All Know of Leonardo17 7 211 April 10, 2024 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Most People Insist That Two Separate Being Can Never Be One KerimF 86 4354 June 17, 2023 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Truer Words Were Never Spoken Minimalist 9 2462 April 23, 2018 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christians never murdered anybody mcolafson 22 3473 December 15, 2016 at 3:22 pm
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6785 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christians - What would you do if it were discovered Jesus never existed? Cecelia 165 33700 September 12, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Why I never was a Christian in the first place DeistPaladin 17 4271 March 1, 2015 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The books that never made it into the Bible. Celestine 18 5477 September 20, 2014 at 5:15 am
Last Post: Celestine
  The Fuckers Never Learn Minimalist 5 1537 September 15, 2014 at 11:14 pm
  Catholicism: "Our Teachings have never changed" claim Vox 21 4818 June 14, 2014 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Strongbad