Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Here Live in or Near Dallas Texas?
Anybody Here Live in or Near Dallas Texas?
I’m in a really desperate situation right now and this may be a wakeup call for me to move to Dallas.

On Monday my hearing device fell off my ear and the battery connecter broke. I’m already legally blind and without sound either, I’m pretty fucked. Can’t use the phone. Can’t cross the street. Can’t communicate with my neighbors.

I was able to send an email to a friend in Chicago and he called my audiologist in Dallas and set up an appointment for me to go in and see her next Tuesday. He also called a friend of mine here in town to take me to Dallas and to the grocery store. I couldn’t even call a cab. I had to leave my door unlocked for her because I can’t hear her knock. She could only communicate with me by spelling words in the palm of my hand. We had fun but this really isn’t a situation I want to be in again.

When it first happened, I had to fight not to despair. I felt tears coming and just said fuck it. It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to. But the tears never came because I was on here talking to you guys, flirting with Evie and Yeaux and Alex K and was having too much fun to cry.

My neighbors here are very nice and they love themselves some Rhonda, but I see now when I really need help, there’s not a lot they can do. I’m thinking if I lived in or close to a city I could have better access to communication and transportation.

Does anybody live in or near Dallas can help me locate reasonably priced housing there?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Anybody Here Live in or Near Dallas Texas?
I'm not and I don't think I know anyone from Dallas. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Wish I could help. Good luck.
Dying to live, living to die.
Sorry. Omaha. Keep reaching out, someone will pick up.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think CL and Thump are in Texas, but I'm not sure how close to Dallas they are.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
(January 15, 2016 at 2:48 pm)Kingpin Wrote: I think CL and Thump are in Texas, but I'm not sure how close to Dallas they are.
Tanks Who is CLL?

Edit: Catholic Lady. Took me a minute
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

Catholic_Lady, she's not near Dallas though, more like southwest iirc. Maybe they know someone...

___

sorry I can't help in this annoying situation... If there is anything though...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Unfortunately I'm out the opposite end of the continent from here.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I live near Austin, about 30 miles outside of it. But if you live in the city, you'll get all the amenities that Dullest has to offer, and a more libertine attitude to boot.

(January 15, 2016 at 3:14 pm)Alex K Wrote: Catholic_Lady, she's not near Dallas though, more like southwest iirc. Maybe they know someone...

___

sorry I can't help in this annoying situation... If there is anything though...
You have a PM

--Voltaire

I'm so sorry you're going through this, Rhonda. Sad

I'm 8 hours drive away from Dallas and have never been there so I have no useful information/advice to give you about that city. I don't know how else I can help you. Sad Is there anything else any of us can do to help from far away?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano? Brian37 27 1357 October 21, 2021 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  24 hours to live onlinebiker 115 5628 January 1, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are you happy where you live? Macoleco 39 2837 August 22, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 937 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If you could live in a fairy tale Foxaèr 35 5858 November 11, 2018 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Would you want to live here? Foxaèr 22 4012 April 28, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: c172
  Anyone live near Washington DC? Whateverist 25 1801 April 1, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Anybody else overthink the most basic shit? Kookaburra 19 1995 March 22, 2018 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Forced To Live With An Obnoxious Person Mechaghostman2 21 3392 January 16, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to know if you live in a Patriarchy or Matriarchy ErGingerbreadMandude 11 1862 December 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude