Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:30 am

Poll: Is this question important?
This poll is closed.
I think this answer to the above question is best.
40.00%
4 40.00%
Option 1 is far stupider than this one.
10.00%
1 10.00%
If I am to answer this question I must choose this option, and not mention mayo.
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread.
The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread.
It's absolutely vital that this thread isn't derailed, or at least it's important that it isn't, like any other thread on AF, it's important to try not to derail a thread.

So, the topic of the thread is:

This thread shouldn't be derailed.

So, to stay on topic we ought to discuss the fact that this thread ought not to be derailed... talking about anything else would, of course, be a derail... which is to be discouraged.

So, let us not derail this thread... let's discuss that and the importance of it... no derails, please.
RE: The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread.
[Image: 14031541-Young-trainer-assisting-senior-...-Photo.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
That old lady came over to make sure we stay on topic, and the younger man is helping her. <3

But anyhow, back on topic. This is a really good topic, btw.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
[Image: derailed-train-derailed-thread-demo.jpg]
@ c172 I agree, okay so the old lady and the young man are joining is in the discussion, I'm glad you agree that this topic about not derailing this topic is a great topic, so what do you have to say on this quite excellent topic?

@ Min:

No mod hat on it's hardly derailed so far, but I really ought to insist that you please don't derail this thread Min, surely you can understand that that matters in this thread as much as any other...?

Unless somehow that image was amusingly related to this topic and not actually a derail despite it saying so, if so, how was it?

I think it's really important that this thread isn't derailed. Let's talk about that.
[Image: 450.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
9-11!!
Sum ergo sum
I won't derail this thread and would never do so if requested not to...

...until I get bored enough and decide to do it anyway.
Dying to live, living to die.
@ Kitan and Ben Davis

I trust that neither of you have deliberately derailed this thread... so I ask you Kitan, how is that picture relevant to this topic that this topic shouldn't be derailed? Ben Davis, how is "9-11" relevant to the fact that this topic ought not to be derailed?

I think it's important that we discuss why it's important to not derail this topic.

Here's an example: It's important because forums' rules say that it's important. So let's talk some more about it's important that we don't derail this topic about not derailing this topic, which is of course, the topic.

#self-referentialconfuz
Maaaaayooooo maaaayooooo, sandwich come and they want mayo. 6 top, 7 top, 8 top LUNCH! Sandwich come and they want mayo.

Anyone who's ever worked wait staff or buser, will get the "6 top, 7 top, 8 top" reference.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Really REALLY Hope They Don't Weasel Out of This... BrianSoddingBoru4 5 1293 March 22, 2016 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The "You really must derail this thread" thread. Marsellus Wallace 20 3926 January 19, 2016 at 7:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I love Douglas Adams - he CAN be really, really funny! JudgeDracoAmunRa 2 1712 April 16, 2012 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Darwinian