Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eat Lamb this Australia Day
Exclamation 
Eat Lamb this Australia Day
There's nothing more Aussie than eating a nice juicy bit of lamb, there's no argument there. The custom of eating Lamb on Australia day, one of our proudest traditions, was first invented as brilliant marketing campaign by Meat & Livestock Australia way back in 2005. This is the original 2005 ad staring Sam Kekovich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtWVJikNnx4

I don't think they ever improved upon it, personally, the 2007 ad isn't bad though - just not quite as punchy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkUnemSg3dg

Still it has some great lines like "I have a dream, that on Australia Day, mung beans and Lamb chops can sit together, side by side on the same plate, as long as it’s not mine".

This year's ad is, well, ordinary. As always, it attracts annual complaints from the soap-avoiding, pot-smoking, hippy vegetarians Link. Every year they find something to complain about Rolleyes ...

[Image: xtaMVwG.jpg]

Still it is my fond hope that all AFers will char a few Lamb chops on Australia Day, doesn't matter if you're halfway around the world and not Australian - show some solidarity and munch on some of the finest meat that God invented! Remember, as Kekovich says, a balanced Australia Day diet should consist of a few juicy lamb chops and beer, and perhaps some pavlova.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Eat Lamb this Australia Day
No thanks.
I'm not Australian i like eating lamb chops.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 19, 2016 at 9:03 am)dyresand Wrote: I'm not Australian i like eating lamb chops.

I only eat lamb in the form of donner meat. Anything else is eww.
Meh, I eat lamb almost once a week. I'm Australian (at least citizenship-wise) but couldn't care less about some of the Australian traditions. I think people should eat whatever they want on any special day.
So Australia is defined by sheep, then.
I would have thought a more Australian food would be like kangaroo or aboriginals or something.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Or snakes or box jellies.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Nope.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 19, 2016 at 10:14 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: I would have thought a more Australian food would be like kangaroo or aboriginals or something.

Yeah, kangaroo meat is popular here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 622 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How to eat healthy Woah0 20 1722 September 13, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let them eat spam! Foxaèr 33 2079 September 13, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should we be more humanitarian towards the fish we eat? Angrboda 14 1312 October 29, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is your favorite fish to eat, seabass? Edwardo Piet 55 5433 April 12, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Australia Haipule 42 6333 December 18, 2017 at 2:23 am
Last Post: Haipule
  If not for the sauce, I wouldn't eat that vorlon13 46 5937 December 14, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Haipule
Photo Record Temperatures in Australia Firefighter01 37 4184 February 13, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why the hell do I have the urge to eat an entire days worth of food by noon? EruptedCarcassBloat 81 7999 October 18, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Would you eat this cake? Losty 42 3999 August 4, 2016 at 9:42 am
Last Post: vorlon13