Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cultural Appropriation
Cultural Appropriation
So I was hanging out with my cousin the other day and he shows up dressed as the worst black stereotype available. Like a total Lil' Wayne knock off. And this idiot opens his mouth and says "I'm all about that thug life." I of course look at this fool like he's lost his damn mind. We were raised in pockets of accountants and bankers, in gated communities on the shores of Lake Erie WTF does he think he knows about "thug life". But it all got me thinking, can black people appropriate black culture? For instance I love blues music but do I really have comprehension being cosseted most of my life to appreciate it in its fullness, or am I just siphoning off a cool sound?
RE: Cultural Appropriation
Cultural appropriation is a joke. You are allowed to enjoy things.
I've not heard that phrase before.

Is it like in White Men Can't Jump where Sydney tells Billy that he "can't hear Jimmy"?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It doesn't fucking exist and is just an excuse for SJWs to moan like they always do. I tend to distance myself from people who actually believe in that bullshit.
Sydney: "You white people, you... you listen!"

Billy: "What am I supposed to do, eat it?"

Ah what a great film. If anyone hasn't watched it, go watch it right now. It's about basketball and racial stereotypes.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(January 24, 2016 at 3:43 am)robvalue Wrote: Sydney: "You white people, you... you listen!"

Billy: "What am I supposed to do, eat it?"

Ah what a great film. If anyone hasn't watched it, go watch it right now. It's about basketball and racial stereotypes.

Seen it. Awful movie.
Ah, I see.

There must be two movies with the same title and very similar content then Tongue

I've seen it probably 30 times or more. Maybe I even worship it a little. Maybe I sing some of the songs in it to myself in the shower.

Index of my best videos
Rob, she's a pom! They've got no taste! What do you expect!

EDITED to ADD: Except those from Kent of course ...What a lovely place it is! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
She's from some weird part of England called Scotchland or something, she's not a true Englishman!

Index of my best videos
Scotland for the win.

*Scotland the Brave starts to play*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Cultural Appropriation" bennyboy 349 73883 July 8, 2017 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Shell B