Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Greek God?
Favorite Greek God?
As we know there are 12 Olympian deities (wow.. similar to the 12 apostles.. or 12 trives of Isreael! Smile !)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Olympians

Unlike Jesus, these Deities were really just relflections of the human condition (love, war, power, seafaring etc.)

My question is, to those familiar with Greek mythology, who was/is your favorite and why? Who would have your worship, if you believed they existed?

For me, it would be a tie between Athena and Hermes. They seem the least mean-spirited and petty as far as the Greek gods went. I could always use Athena's wisdom, and Hermes himself seems to serve as humanity's benefactor ( in someways...similar to the archnagels Gabriel and Michael.. Huh )

I am surprised Hades/Pluto is not an outright evil deity, he is more just "lord of the dead." Apparently he also helps bless humanity with precious stones and fruits and vegetable

Who are your favorite Greek gods? Smile
RE: Favorite Greek God?
Elvis.
Dying to live, living to die.
This guy:

Vulcan--a crippled ugly guy who snagged the goddess of love. He's gotta really be a good nerd.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(January 26, 2016 at 3:29 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Vulcan--a crippled ugly guy who snagged the goddess of love.  He's gotta really be a good nerd.

Or he has a massive cock.
Dionysius.  God of wine.
(January 26, 2016 at 3:25 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: As we know there are 12 Olympian deities (wow.. similar to the 12 apostles.. or 12 trives of Isreael! Smile !)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Olympians

Unlike Jesus, these Deities were really just relflections of the human condition (love, war, power, seafaring etc.)
Your gonna need to back that one up, everything I see in jesus is a reflection of humans
Quote:My question is, to those familiar with Greek mythology, who was/is your favorite and why? Who would have your worship, if you believed they existed?

For me, it would be a tie between Athena and Hermes. They seem the least mean-spirited and petty as far as the Greek gods went. I could always use Athena's wisdom, and Hermes himself seems to serve as humanity's benefactor ( in someways...similar to the archnagels Gabriel and Michael.. Huh )

I am surprised Hades/Pluto is not an outright evil deity, he is more just "lord of the dead." Apparently he also helps bless humanity with precious stones and fruits and vegetable

Who are your favorite Greek gods? Smile

Athena. I have thing for smart and sexy women.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(January 26, 2016 at 3:25 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: As we know there are 12 Olympian deities (wow.. similar to the 12 apostles.. or 12 trives of Isreael

Or the 12 days of Christmas, or 12 months of the year, or 12 hours on a clock, or 12 inches in a foot, or 12 zodiacal signs, or 12 men have walked on the moon, or there are 12 stars on the flag of Europe, or 12 jurors, jewelers use the 12oz pound, or AA has 12 steps, or there's 12 basic hues on a color wheel, or King Arthur had 12 knights at the round table, or the 12 studio albums by the Beatles, or 12oz in a beer, and probably many more twelvish things I didn't mention.
(January 26, 2016 at 3:25 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: For me, it would be a tie between Athena and Hermes. They seem the least mean-spirited and petty as far as the Greek gods went. I could always use Athena's wisdom, and Hermes himself seems to serve as humanity's benefactor ( in someways...similar to the archnagels Gabriel and Michael.. Huh )

Your half-assed compliments will get you nowhere with me, mortal.
Wrath to follow.
I can guess Losty's: Steel.