Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shouldn't we thank Glenn Beck for opening an online university?
Shouldn't we thank Glenn Beck for opening an online university?
http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/07/07/glen...university Wrote:The man who once advocated abolishing America's public schools, opened a school of his own today.

It's the job of a political pundit to fill the heads of the American public with their viewpoints, but Glenn Beck takes that notion quite literally with his new online school, Beck University. The Fox News commentator, who took one class at Yale before dropping out, claimed on his radio show in June that the government uses school to indoctrinate people. "You're darn right we should abolish public schools," he said.

The academic program, which Beck says is a "unique academic experience bringing together experts in the fields of religion, American history and economics," will feature Faith 101, Hope 101 and Charity 101, taught by a handful of conservative commentators.

Do you think B.U. will one day be able to achieve an enrollment high enough to reach critical idiocy, and finally collapse into a black hole of stupid?

If so, will it be dense enough to rid humanity of the mind cancer that these assholes peddle?
God was my co-pilot, but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him.
RE: Shouldn't we thank Glenn Beck for opening an online university?
One can only hope.
That is such a freakin' joke!
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Quote:Do you think B.U. will one day be able to achieve an enrollment high enough to reach critical idiocy, and finally collapse into a black hole of stupid?

Sure FOX has a lot of viewers. They've already attained idiocy.
I'm all for private schools. If people want to waste their money on this load of garbage, they are free to. Good luck them actually getting a job that involves them actually knowing anything though.

I'd rather take my chances in a public school...
Is he even accredited?
Better than that. He's certifiable!
(July 8, 2010 at 9:27 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I'd rather take my chances in a public school...

Me too. If I had my druthers,I'd druther have gone to say Harrow, Eton or Rugby rather than endure what passed for Catholic education here at the time.Angel Cloud

Here the best school in the State (primary and secondary) is a private school; St Peter's. ( relaxed Church Of England) which is world standard.

Australia does not yet have any first rate private universities.
I'm going to a private school, but it's accredited and I like it much better then the State school I took an year.

In This Mind--- no, it's not accredited.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
It amazes me that people watch this joker on t.v. for free, now they are going to PAY for the privilege of being taught the stupid? The mind boggles.

I used to work with a kid who thought GB was the shit. He would rush home to watch him, and actually read his books. This is the same kid who graduated high school and immediately became stuck in a dead-end job at Wal-Greens pharmacy, with absolutely no prospects for a productive future. Good to know that this is the demographic that GB is targeting.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We Kiwis Owe Mr Trump A YUGE Thank You! BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1392 October 23, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Thank Goodness! Minimalist 1 240 August 16, 2017 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Now We Know Why The WLB Skipped Opening Day Minimalist 1 606 April 6, 2017 at 5:29 am
Last Post: Isis
  Thank You Charlie Sykes Minimalist 0 399 March 26, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Republicans shouldn't be allowed to complain about wasteful spending NuclearEnergy 31 3461 March 1, 2017 at 12:26 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  No, Glenn. She's Just Fucking Nuts Minimalist 8 1343 December 6, 2016 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Why shouldn't I vote Trump? Mechaghostman2 78 6009 June 17, 2016 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Thank You, South Africa, but Minimalist 5 1239 November 30, 2015 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  University of California microaggrssions list Lemonvariable72 18 6010 September 2, 2015 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Glenn Beck maybe a human after all! BrokenQuill92 21 3507 January 8, 2014 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope