Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Crazy Gene
The Crazy Gene
Looks like they have identified the chromosome and gene related to schizophrenia.

http://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-rele...onstructed
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: The Crazy Gene
Sounds promising but it still leaves a big blank in explaining how this leads to schizophrenia. I'm also not sure how they can ethically test treatments designed to curb this pruning in people potentially at risk. How could you ever demonstrate that such treatments are safe?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: The Crazy Gene
I agree. That's for smarter people than me to work out. Develop animal genetic strains that have the C4A gene over expression would be a starting point. Determine how to verify schizophrenia in the animal model. Then work out a method of suppression/modulation/replacement. Then isolate that suppression/modulation only to the brain. I guess replacement could be with in the entire body. Then...............................

Don't think we'll see a significant advance in my lifetime.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religious psychosis of Gene Wilder Fake Messiah 36 2003 September 13, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Gene therapy restores sight in mice. brewer 9 743 December 23, 2020 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Human baby gene editing is here? brewer 9 1073 November 29, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Can emphetamines make you go crazy? paulpablo 4 1382 February 6, 2014 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Selfish Gene Theory Mudhammam 18 6671 February 1, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Crazy Evilutionists find new gaps in the fossil record! Cyberman 0 1127 August 10, 2012 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Mystery of horse taming 'solved' by gene study frankiej 8 3941 May 10, 2012 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Black death gene code reconstructed frankiej 2 1534 October 12, 2011 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels