Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if you dont like it get the hell out.
if you dont like it get the hell out.
I had a random thought today. I have often heard the old battle cry "If you don't like (x) about our country then get the hell out!"

I don't like the way America is going. I see rampant corporate and religious influence in government. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer (bad English). As there become more poor folks, religion rises. Then a whole truck load of despair is loaded on anyone who tries to think outside of the religious box depending on what community you are in.

Problem..... We are one of the few nations that struggles with a moral issue on keeping out illegal immigrants. In fact in any other country a legal immigrant must have either money or a useful (to that particular country) skill to become a citizen. I cant just cross a border and get a job even if i did do the job for less than a citizen of that country.

I am a associate degree Medical lad tech with over 10 years experience. However, that does not give me even a side ways glance from any other country.

I am currently looking into doing part time school on line but i do have a family to support and another 2 years of education will cost about 30,000+ $. At 45+ years of age it's not an easy decision.
I would love to live in countries like England, Germany, France, Iceland, or Australia.

So my rant is that I really hate when people say that like most of us have a choice to like it or leave. What they are really saying is "like or shut up and live with it."
RE: if you dont like it get the hell out.
Fundamental issue with this thought: immigrants aren't the problem.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(January 28, 2016 at 9:04 pm)loganonekenobi Wrote: Problem..... We are one of the few nations that struggles with a moral issue on keeping out illegal immigrants. In fact in any other country a legal immigrant must have either money or a useful (to that particular country) skill to become a citizen. I cant just cross a border and get a job even if i did do the job for less than a citizen of that country. 
Yet -another- reason that other countries suck.  USA #1. I'd be pissed as hell if I showed up on the shores of a foreign land, fleeing poverty and thinking that the place I'm going to earnestly affords me opportunity....and they snobbed me, lol. There's always room for more garbage men and ditchdiggers. If anybody was full up on either there wouldn't be so much garbage, so many half dug ditches

I'm sorry that you're having trouble expatriating. Have you tried focusing on US companies with overseas branches? They'd seem to make for an ideal middle step.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 28, 2016 at 9:16 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(January 28, 2016 at 9:04 pm)loganonekenobi Wrote: Problem..... We are one of the few nations that struggles with a moral issue on keeping out illegal immigrants. In fact in any other country a legal immigrant must have either money or a useful (to that particular country) skill to become a citizen. I cant just cross a border and get a job even if i did do the job for less than a citizen of that country. 
Yet -another- reason that other countries suck.  USA #1.  I'd be pissed as hell if I showed up on the shores of a foreign land, fleeing poverty and thinking that the place I'm going to earnestly affords me opportunity....and they snobbed me, lol.  There's always room for more garbage men and ditchdiggers.  If anybody was full up on either there wouldn't be so much garbage, so many half dug ditches

I'm sorry that you're having trouble expatriating.  Have you tried focusing on US companies with overseas branches?  They'd seem to make for an ideal middle step.

good idea but in my field i'm not sure that it would work. still maybe worth a look.
(January 28, 2016 at 9:11 pm)Mermaid Wrote: Fundamental issue with this thought: immigrants aren't the problem.

i think you miss understand me. I don't think that immigrants are the problem. I can get a job just fine with or with out them just not in a country that would be more to my liking. In fact i wish other countries were like ours in that respect.
(January 28, 2016 at 9:04 pm)loganonekenobi Wrote: I had a random thought today.  I have often heard the old battle cry "If you don't like (x) about our country then get the hell out!"

I don't like the way America is going.  I see rampant corporate and religious influence in government.  The rich get richer and the poor get poorer (bad English).  As there become more poor folks,  religion rises.  Then a whole truck load of despair is loaded on anyone who tries to think outside of the religious box depending on what community you are in.

Problem..... We are one of the few nations that struggles with a moral issue on keeping out illegal immigrants.  In fact in any other country a legal immigrant must have either money or a useful (to that particular country) skill to become a citizen. I cant just cross a border and get a job even if i did do the job for less than a citizen of that country.

I am a associate degree Medical lad tech with over 10 years experience.   However,  that does not give me even a side ways glance from any other country.

I am currently looking into doing part time school on line but i do have a family to support and another 2 years of education will cost about 30,000+ $.  At 45+ years of age it's not an easy decision.
I would love to live in countries like England, Germany, France, Iceland, or Australia.

So my rant is that I really hate when people say that like most of us have a choice to like it or leave.  What they are really saying is "like or shut up and live with it."

You should stay. The Teabagger fuckwits who take up arms against the nation should go.

Please rethink your decision. America needs thinkers.

Why do you think religion is rising in America? We are extremely wealthy overall, and all the polls and projections show that atheism and religious nones are rising.
Meandering Atheist: Several friends on a journey of romance and adventure, to talk about moderately interesting topics.
Similarly, I had a friend who saw a news story of protesters burning the American flag and said something along the lines of, "Anybody who burns the American flag should be deported." He failed to see the irony.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
it just seems so out of balance. I know that America is supposed to be the land of hope for others around the world. Yet now 200 years latter the evidence shows that life is better in some of the countries that these immigrants fled from. I want to flee back...
if any one in Europe knows of a way i can do that i would love to hear the ideas.
I hate the argument purely because people shouldn't have to uproot their entire life and move somewhere else just because assholes run the country. It's not just a case of whether or not you're able to leave, why should someone be forced to leave everything they know to have basic rights? It's fucked up.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I dont get why Americans are complaining about Monarchy Woah0 0 473 September 10, 2022 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Ukrainians dont want to learn Russian language Interaktive 2 288 July 31, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1577 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3102 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 1871 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  It's What You Get For Working For The WLB Minimalist 1 727 June 22, 2017 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Conform or get out!!! NuclearEnergy 8 1685 June 12, 2017 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  That's What You Get For Voting For Him, Assholes Minimalist 9 2978 May 24, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Looks Like One Vote Drumpf Won't Be Able To Get Minimalist 7 1416 August 26, 2016 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should North America get tougher on its citizens like Singapore? 1994Californication 7 1284 March 11, 2016 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Alex K