Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Iowa Caucus and all the Repubs are preechurs
Iowa Caucus and all the Repubs are preechurs
Even Trump.  Which is ludicrous.  And Jerry Falwell Jr. is backing him.  I wonder how much $$$ Trump had to fork over for that.
https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-separat...eligiosity
It seems like every day I hear a new NPR piece about some rural group that voting for Trump.  Cruz might win if he gets the fundie majority.  
I really, really hope that the polls concerning a growing atheist and unaffiliated US demographic are correct, and that this stuff scares them as much as it scares me.  
Thoughts, anyone?
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: Iowa Caucus and all the Repubs are preechurs
Vote Republicans.

Republicans are the best.

Commie faggots. Tongue

(I wasn't being serious, incase any of you are retarded enough to believe I was.)
This used to be the sole reason why Republicans were automatically disqualified from getting my vote: Regardless of the candidate, regardless of their personal beliefs, they all pander to the Religious Reich because its a big chunk of their base. Now they've taken to pandering to anti-science idiots too so there is another automatic disqualifier.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(February 1, 2016 at 2:48 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: And Jerry Falwell Jr. is backing him.  I wonder how much $$$ Trump had to fork over for that.

Why not? Daddy was a big fan of Apartheid. Trump may invoke some fond memories.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Vander Plaatz apparently tried to shake down Trump for $100,000 and didn't get it, so he endorsed Cruz
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 1, 2016 at 2:48 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Even Trump.  Which is ludicrous.  And Jerry Falwell Jr. is backing him.  I wonder how much $$$ Trump had to fork over for that.
It seems like every day I hear a new NPR piece about some rural group that voting for Trump.  Cruz might win if he gets the fundie majority.  
I really, really hope that the polls concerning a growing atheist and unaffiliated US demographic are correct, and that this stuff scares them as much as it scares me.  
Thoughts, anyone?
Cruz is a Canadian.  He's just wasting oxygen.
(February 3, 2016 at 4:52 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(February 1, 2016 at 2:48 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Even Trump.  Which is ludicrous.  And Jerry Falwell Jr. is backing him.  I wonder how much $$$ Trump had to fork over for that.
Thoughts, anyone?
Cruz is a Canadian.  He's just wasting oxygen.

I've never really understood the logic behind requiring someone to be a citizen from birth in order to be president of the US. Bernadotte, a Frenchman, made a reasonably good king of Norway, Sweden, and was once the sovereign prince of part of Italy.

Seems as if you lot are cutting yourselves off from a pretty fair pool of talent.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 3, 2016 at 5:24 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 3, 2016 at 4:52 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Cruz is a Canadian.  He's just wasting oxygen.

I've never really understood the logic behind requiring someone to be a citizen from birth in order to be president of the US.  Bernadotte, a Frenchman, made a reasonably good king of Norway, Sweden, and was once the sovereign prince of part of Italy.

Seems as if you lot are cutting yourselves off from a pretty fair pool of talent.

Boru
If foreigners are so good they should run their own countries.  How many foreign countries have leaders that are worth a damn?  I can't think of one, can you?
Despite not getting his $100,000 from Trump, I note Vander Plaats did not publicly castigate Trump for his infidelities like he did with that prior horndog, Newt Gingrich.

So maybe there was some money involved, just not enough for an out right endorsement.

(Disclaimer?:

I was apprised a family member is friends with Vander Plaats, to the extent of being invited over for a meal at least. Doesn't change my view on my relative or Vander Plaats, but he is no longer just a talking head on the media for me anymore)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspired by Iowa, Georgian Theocrats Perform Statewide Bible Reading in County Seats Secular Elf 6 410 July 20, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Iowa is not Chicago....... Brian37 28 1599 May 1, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant The Industrial Atheist 164 24119 May 20, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Iowa bill for bible class in public school brewer 20 3162 January 27, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The WLB Hitting The Skids In Iowa, Too. Minimalist 11 1038 December 15, 2017 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Dumbster comes in 2nd in Caucus. Brian37 1 559 February 3, 2016 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Ben Carson challenged by atheist voter in Iowa Brian37 13 2653 January 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Exian