Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:22 pm

Poll: Back or Messenger bags?
This poll is closed.
Messenger
0%
0 0%
Back pack
100.00%
2 100.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Vs Messeger bags for laptops
Back Vs Messeger bags for laptops
i favor back packs, they just have more options and are more supportive. I have a nice messenger STM laptop bag and a OGIO RSS, I've been using my OGIO mostly cause of the storage options and comfort. I'm curious to know what the rest of the board prefers and to know what style you use.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

RE: Back Vs Messeger bags for laptops
Shite, that's a $150 backpack...

I prefer backpacks as well. messenger bags + heavy textbooks = crick in my neck.

I just use my North Face bag I got when I was in college the first time in 2003. I've sewn the bottom back together more than once.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Is this for carrying laptops?

My laptop never even leaves my room. It's battery is dodgy so that it runs out of charge from 100% in a matter of minutes so I constantly have the charger plugged in on my bed when it's on.

It's been like that since I bought it. It was really cheap and second hand and I assume the battery was dodgy when I bought it.

I have no experience of laptops prior to this either.

Also I would completely worry about my laptop getting stolen if I took it out. My computers stay in my room and I stay indoors and use Skype and AF.
You can buy replacement batteries.
Yeah but I don't know how to install them and I never leave this room anyway.
I use the laptop bag that came with my laptop.

Evie, changing the battery is very, very simple, and you can usually find batteries online very affordably. Maybe if you had a battery that held charge, you'd leave the room?

Nah because it would be pointless taking my laptop with me when I can just keep it here Tongue

I wasn't complaining, I'm fine with having my laptop on charge all the time. And I'm fine with staying in my room.

To clarify, I do use my room just not when I'm using my laptop.
(February 3, 2016 at 1:23 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Shite, that's a $150 backpack...

I prefer backpacks as well. messenger bags + heavy textbooks = crick in my neck.

I just use my North Face bag I got when I was in college the first time in 2003. I've sewn the bottom back together more than once.

Yep, and the STM messenger was about $130 for that one. The OGIO is worth the money, if your gonna buy a backpack for your laptop get a RSS.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of laptops and power cords...... Brian37 59 3594 April 16, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Convertible laptops with Wacom digitizer? Alex K 11 1754 February 5, 2017 at 6:22 am
Last Post: Alex K