Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What many atheists feel like with theists logic.
What many atheists feel like with theists logic.
"In all this excitement, I forgot how many fallacies of yours I destroyed. Since scientific method is the most powerful tool that can blow your sky hero claim clean off, you have to ask your self, "Do I feel lucky? Well do you punk?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-oinyjsk0
RE: What many atheists feel like with theists logic.
I ask myself similar questions:

"Do you understand what a logical fallacy is yet, punk?"

"Do you care whether or not your reasoning is sound, punk?"

"Are you actually trying to convince anyone of anything, or just trying to reassure yourself, punk?"
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
.....see, you guys are lucky.  For me, there's just this terrible feeling that we're all perched on the event horizon of a god shaped black hole..........
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The technical term for that is "Jew Hole".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0IfYLSLCNs
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Before any Jew or Muslim or Hindu or Buddhist or whatever, gets bent out of shape, the attack is on your logic, not your human rights. I am simply giving believers a humorous idea of what you look like to us. I still value human rights, but sometimes what comes out of your mouth mentally makes us want to pull our hair out.
My biggest wonder is what some theists are actually doing here, at all. I have great respect and fondness for the ones that genuinely join the community. But for the rest, I can only conclude they are here to reassure themselves. They can't seriously be expecting to convince anyone of anything. If they are, they're taking entirely the wrong approach. By (mostly) making no effort at all to understand what logic is, and why it's important, they are ensuring that everything they say will have zero persuasive power to any sceptic. So what's the point? Are they hoping for easily manipulated or weak minded people to convert?

Index of my best videos
Or this line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML86JjEyKiA
Ahah! Yeah. Dirty joke incoming.

Index of my best videos
We've definitely had a preacher or two, apparently we're part of someones ministry, or many someones ministries......idk how it all works, divine MLM thing, never got a brochure.  That shit is the worst.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 3, 2016 at 11:17 am)robvalue Wrote: My biggest wonder is what some theists are actually doing here, at all. I have great respect and fondness for the ones that genuinely join the community. But for the rest, I can only conclude they are here to reassure themselves. They can't seriously be expecting to convince anyone of anything. If they are, they're taking entirely the wrong approach. By (mostly) making no effort at all to understand what logic is, and why it's important, they are ensuring that everything they say will have zero persuasive power to any sceptic. So what's the point? Are they hoping for easily manipulated or weak minded people to convert?

"Respect" that is a topic for another thread. I hate that word, it is so loaded, and mostly never used as the user asking for it intends. Most of the time it is merely used to stop a conversation and really means "Don't bruise my ego" or "Know your place in your social order".

I say "value" instead. I value human empathy, but equal to that is the ability to demonstrate what you claim is true beyond your own personal bias.   I will always value human rights, even the right to make claims I find absurd. But I also value my right to respond to those claims.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How the sane feel about the party of 45. Brian37 5 480 February 2, 2021 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The best way to feel good about yourself... ignoramus 6 639 December 7, 2018 at 10:22 am
Last Post: tackattack
  The cognitive dissonance theist might feel. Brian37 1 275 March 22, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: rskovride
  I Feel Sorry For TheOnion Minimalist 6 1236 March 31, 2017 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Christoid logic #2 - the one true lie! ignoramus 8 1619 February 19, 2016 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Athene
  How many babies do you eat a week? Dystopia 68 8907 January 30, 2015 at 1:11 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  How Many Creationists Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb? RonaldReagansGhost666 6 2922 January 15, 2013 at 5:52 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Logic Supplies (another Stimbo Original) Cyberman 0 754 November 14, 2012 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Wink The many faces of Jebus and Mary Napoléon 10 3205 January 12, 2012 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  It's the End of the World As We Know It... and I feel fine. Erinome 13 2978 October 28, 2011 at 7:06 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko