Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem posting with Android 4.2
Problem posting with Android 4.2
The cursor frequently jumps to the top, and  i cannot post replies with any autoformatting. Anyone else reporting problems on this site with Android?
Mr. Hanky loves you!
RE: Problem posting with Android 4.2
No.
Writing this on Android 4.4.4, using Swype and the dolphin browser.
This browser has it's own implementation of the text box, which makes it a bit different than the normal Android one... I usually like it less than the default one, but in your case it may be worth a shot.
I recall having some problems with 4.x similar to that which were a result of Android Chrome being a total POS at the time. I haven't had any problems since around 5.0. Currently on 6.0.1.

I'm guessing that updating isn't an option for you?
Yeah, when I was using JellyBean, I pretty much had to use Tapatalk to use the forums on mobile. Chrome was not great.

KitKat, Lollipop, and Marshmallow have been logarithmically better, IMO.

Try using Tapatalk if you're not able to upgrade.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hit it with a hammer.
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 3, 2016 at 11:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I recall having some problems with 4.x similar to that which were a result of Android Chrome being a total POS at the time.  I haven't had any problems since around 5.0.  Currently on 6.0.1.

Not really on this old Samsung phone, unless 5.0 is smaller ( Banghead )

I've been rather proud of how long I've managed to maintain this gadget, which was quite good in its time (at least 4 years back), and I really can do without the expense of another two-year contract (do they make you sign in blood yet?), and I don't know if outright purchasing would be any better financially.
Mr. Hanky loves you!
(February 4, 2016 at 12:37 am)God of Mr. Hanky Wrote:
(February 3, 2016 at 11:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I recall having some problems with 4.x similar to that which were a result of Android Chrome being a total POS at the time.  I haven't had any problems since around 5.0.  Currently on 6.0.1.

Not really on this old Samsung phone, unless 5.0 is smaller ( :Banghead )

I've been rather proud of how long I've managed to maintain this gadget, which was quite good in it's time (4 years back), and I really can do without the expense of another two-year contract (do they make you sign in blood yet?), and I don't know if outright purchasing would be any better financially.

What carrier are you on? Most of them are following T-mobile's lead and are doing month-to-month and letting you buy your phone outright or finance it.
(February 4, 2016 at 12:38 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(February 4, 2016 at 12:37 am)God of Mr. Hanky Wrote: Not really on this old Samsung phone, unless 5.0 is smaller ( :Banghead )

I've been rather proud of how long I've managed to maintain this gadget, which was quite good in it's time (4 years back), and I really can do without the expense of another two-year contract (do they make you sign in blood yet?), and I don't know if outright purchasing would be any better financially.

What carrier are you on?  Most of them are following T-mobile's lead and are doing month-to-month and letting you buy your phone outright or finance it.

Has Verizon started doing that? The last time I checked you could sign up for a new contract, or take your chances buying a new phone online, and then continue your service month-to-month if it has the right sim/setup, or your carrier will fix that for you. Had a really bad experience going that route on Ebay - took it into Verizon and they claimed it was stolen, wouldn't give it back! Didn't dispute it because it seemed a bit of a lowball price, although dear enough on my budget and the sticker shock everywhere drew me to take the bait. FUCK EBAY!!!
Mr. Hanky loves you!
(February 4, 2016 at 1:15 am)God of Mr. Hanky Wrote: Has Verizon started doing that? The last time I checked you could sign up for a new contract, or take your chances buying a new phone online, and then continue your service month-to-month if it has the right sim/setup, or your carrier will fix that for you. Had a really bad experience going that route on Ebay - took it into Verizon and they claimed it was stolen, wouldn't give it back! Didn't dispute it because it seemed a bit of a lowball price, although dear enough on my budget and the sticker shock everywhere drew me to take the bait. FUCK EBAY!!!

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure they have.
(February 4, 2016 at 1:22 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(February 4, 2016 at 1:15 am)God of Mr. Hanky Wrote: Has Verizon started doing that? The last time I checked you could sign up for a new contract, or take your chances buying a new phone online, and then continue your service month-to-month if it has the right sim/setup, or your carrier will fix that for you. Had a really bad experience going that route on Ebay - took it into Verizon and they claimed it was stolen, wouldn't give it back! Didn't dispute it because it seemed a bit of a lowball price, although dear enough on my budget and the sticker shock everywhere drew me to take the bait. FUCK EBAY!!!

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure they have.

Thanks, I'll look into it.
Mr. Hanky loves you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Necro Posting AFTT47 49 10344 July 23, 2023 at 4:37 am
Last Post: no one
  Posting Pictures h4ym4n 2 1213 June 17, 2022 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Does this happen to anyone else on AF? (Chrome on Android) Jackalope 14 3084 June 3, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Posting format is different Catholic_Lady 36 3713 December 7, 2016 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Anonymous posting Excited Penguin 101 12005 August 21, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Posting Links in OP rexbeccarox 4 2225 July 21, 2015 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Nope
  posting from phone simplemoss 5 2269 December 24, 2014 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Losty
  Posting Issue Jaysyn 11 3771 July 3, 2014 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Trouble Posting to Some Threads Crossless2.0 4 2201 October 2, 2013 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Youtube videos not posting? TaraJo 14 4829 February 10, 2013 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Tiberius