Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a theist. So why can't I bring myself to believe in the religious horseshit?
I'm a theist. So why can't I bring myself to believe in the religious horseshit?
Turns out it's pretty hard to believe in bullshit when your psyche recognizes that it's a load of bullshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RT6rL2UroE

After watching the video, my questions are:

Why on FSM's spaghetti covered body is my turtley brain not wired for faith when I'm patently a theist desperate to believe in religious horseshit? I prayed to "God" but he just won't let me believe in his shitty nonsense... PLEASE HELP

Is it possible that God DIDN'T give me a brain that is pre-wired for receptivity to "His" existence to make it more difficult for my turtley self to believe in his relgious horseshit?

P.S. I'm not a theist. But other than that this is the gosh darn it truth. Hmmm. Hang on I'm not against swearing: Other than that this is the ABSOLUTE FUCK-BASTARDING TRUTH.
RE: I'm a theist. So why can't I bring myself to believe in the religious horseshit?
FSM works in mysterious ways.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

RE: I'm a theist. So why can't I bring myself to believe in the religious horseshit?
Joe Pesci would kick jesus' ass.
And Jesus would get off on it. Pent up little virgin that he is.

He somehow got Mary pregnant so she could give birth to him without Mary losing her virginity. So I was wondering..... Maybe Jesus' father (who was also Jesus somehow) just went to the clinic and left a sample or something and then Mary visited it?
[Image: 5a14b5c140bf653837e8b4aba087a545.jpg]
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Everybody. please, have some respect!

[Image: ypesu.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Smug laughter.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxuogzZQ2tM
Being "wired for faith" is nothing like having a house with wires connecting up your TV so you can watch it. It's like having wires that don't meet up, so your TV isn't connected to anything, but you still "watch" it and convince yourself you're seeing something other than a blank screen.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
In other words it's boring as fuck? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Why I believe in Judge Judy AkiraTheViking 31 1768 July 2, 2021 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  The cognitive dissonance theist might feel. Brian37 1 275 March 22, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: rskovride
  "Don't Bring Me Down, TRUTH" Brian37 2 646 January 24, 2018 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Making a fool of myself again robvalue 43 4671 January 28, 2016 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: robvalue