Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDE to change your life?
NDE to change your life?
I know NDE's are a controversial topic.

Yet isn't this NDE very intriguing? http://testimony-polo.blogspot.com/

It is the testimony of Gloria Polo. She is a Columbian woman who died, saw Jesus, was sentenced to Hell, but (fortunately!) came back to life to spread the good word.

She changed her life dramatically. Before her NDE she was a Catholic in name only. She used contraception, helped women obtain abortions, used tarot cards, and dressed provactively. She would gossip too.

When she was struck by lighting, her ovaries and uterus were fried like a plate of Denny's bacon. She apparently talked with Jesus quite extensively and he showed her what was what.

does this NDE change your opinion? Don't you find it shocking that a woman who lived as carelessly as she did would suddenly run back into the arms of Holy Mother church?
RE: NDE to change your life?
(February 5, 2016 at 3:21 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: does this NDE change your opinion?

No. The details of a hypoxia induced hallucination don't change the fact that it a hallucination. If I'm to trust one hallucination, I have to trust them all. That would mean the sheet music I saw streaming from the speakers at the Van Halen concert back in 1984 were real and not a product of the synthetic mescaline.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(February 5, 2016 at 3:21 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: I know NDE's are a controversial topic.

It is the testimony of Gloria Polo. She is a Columbian woman who died, saw Jesus, was sentenced to Hell, but (fortunately!) came back to life to spread the good word.

She changed her life dramatically. Before her NDE she was a Catholic in name only. She used contraception, helped women obtain abortions, used tarot cards, and dressed provactively. She would gossip too.

When she was struck by lighting, her ovaries and uterus were fried like a plate of Denny's bacon. She apparently talked with Jesus quite extensively and he showed her what was what.

does this NDE change your opinion? Don't you find it shocking that a woman who lived as carelessly as she did would suddenly run back into the arms of Holy Mother church?
I bet she didn't stop gossiping though.
Your threads are near death experiences. I'm still atheist.
(February 5, 2016 at 3:21 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: I know NDE's are a controversial topic.

It would be worth a read if someone who'd actually never heard of Jesus had a NDE and gave the same account. All you have here is a person who was indoctrinated with the fear of hellfire from birth and then the deep primal parts of her brain express this in an emergency. The brain is dying and is doing the only thing it can do - recall things that seem relevant.
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
<yawn>  No.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Jesus told me that this stuff is all fake.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(February 5, 2016 at 5:19 pm)Alex K Wrote: Jesus told me that this stuff is all fake.

He told me that too.

He then told me to get down on my knees "No, not to pray but to, y'know."

I said "No way sandal man" and strode off like a boss.
We've been over this shit at least as many times as the atheist/morals topic crops up. Particular reason why this should be the topic for yet another shit and run when there's already the most recent Howard Storm bookselling NDE experience to choose from?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
There is another NDE thread somewhere.

No it is not a controversial topic, it is bullshit based on human's flawed perceptions of how the brain acts under stress and shutdown.

The word "near" gives it a way. Your brain has a window until permanent irreversible brain damage or death. If your brain does not go beyond that window, and you have enough juice left, even if the vitals aren't detected, you can come back. But once enough of your brain cells are damaged beyond repair beyond that window, you will not come back fully in tact, if at all.

No different than a seemingly dead car battery. If you have it still in tact, and there is enough juice in it you can jump start it. But if you smash the battery into unusable parts it will not work as if it were in tact. When enough brain cells are irreversibly damaged, you are either brain dead, a vegetable, or your entire body dies because your brain no longer regulates your body.

On the cell level, it is no different than the CPU of a computer, get enough cells to die your brain cannot come back fully or your entire brain dies and then you die.

Funny how nobody ever gets their head decapitated off of their body and comes back to life to tell you about their NDE.

If a doctor is claiming it, they are flat out lying to get attention, or if they are sincere they simply ignored a misdiagnosis.

The white light sensation is a neurological dump, like if you took a filing cabinet and suddenly turned it over and dumped out all the files at once, this sensation is caused by lack of oxygen. That can have your memories mix with your auditory and visual part of your brain, and even outside noises and sights and someone touching you can mix with that white light. NDEs are hallucinations. They can feel real, but they are not real.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 8578 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do i do im surrounded by christians and they want to change me? Asyrel 35 4940 November 10, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  In order for Jesus to change your soul first he has to break your spirit. Zidneya 6 2277 August 1, 2014 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  WHY WOULD PAUL CHANGE SCRIPTURE? truthBtold 20 5934 January 15, 2014 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Drich
  What's with Yahweh's attitude change? TaraJo 16 5310 December 3, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Former Ex-Gay Activist Admits Gay People Don’t Change Rev. Rye 64 24691 December 30, 2011 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  The christian God loves to change his mind... s.gal83 11 5913 September 8, 2009 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: fr0d0