Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing certain information next to an avatar
removing certain information next to an avatar
I notice that some members who have changed their usernames have been able to remove the line of text next to their avatar that says what their former username(s) were. How can I do that? I haven't been able to see where in the User CP I have that option.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: removing certain information next to an avatar
I think it just expires eventually overtime.
Can we find out? Or can a staff member remove the reference to my old user name?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
It would require directly altering some information in the database, which is in Tiberius' wheelhouse. Send a PM to Tiberius and explain the situation. He may be able to help.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to having that former username line next to mine. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to until tomorrow since it's time stamped at 11 something tonight. So, even though it's been a year, I'm stuck 'til tomorrow morning. Sad
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
@CD if it's too much trouble, I won't bother. I know he's busy. He has better things to do than deal with my insecurities over someone seeing my previous username.

Sorry... all that court stuff from Monday has me running scared about stuff. I just don't need my ex trying to find out that I'm on a public message board and then spying on me. Because you know, letting me live my life in peace isn't allowed.
The former user name line is supposed to age out after 3 months, if I recall correctly.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(February 10, 2016 at 2:30 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: Yeah, I'm looking forward to having that former username line next to mine. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to until tomorrow since it's time stamped at 11 something tonight. So, even though it's been a year, I'm stuck 'til tomorrow morning. Sad

Names changes!!

Have I mentioned that I'm against them??

(I like your new one, tho)

(February 10, 2016 at 2:50 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: @CD if it's too much trouble, I won't bother. I know he's busy. He has better things to do than deal with my insecurities over someone seeing my previous username.

Sorry... all that court stuff from Monday has me running scared about stuff. I just don't need my ex trying to find out that I'm on a public message board and then spying on me. Because you know, letting me live my life in peace isn't allowed.

That actually sounds like a very good reason to mention it to Tibs.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I hope he's okay. I haven't heard from him and I sent it yesterday.
You know... This name changing for anonymity is a bit useless...
Everyone who quoted stuff you wrote back then, carried your old nick and it's still there... With a link to your post...which now has your new nick...
It's still possible for someone to find you by searching for that name in Google...

But not everyone knows that...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update profile contact information? Foxaèr 1 876 October 31, 2020 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Certain I've asked this before Foxaèr 13 1352 October 30, 2017 at 8:49 am
Last Post: emjay
  Can I Embed Videos YouTube That Start At A Certain Point Here On AF? Edwardo Piet 2 880 September 4, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Which would be the appropriate section for certain movie discussions Astonished 2 1219 January 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Help with my new avatar (gif) Iroscato 8 2753 November 3, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Avatar Nope 11 2288 February 9, 2015 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  appropriate avatar Phatt Matt s 46 9182 March 23, 2014 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  During next month BrokenQuill92 5 1908 March 21, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  ABBA avatar missing. ATT ADMINS. Brian37 22 5779 December 3, 2013 at 6:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Who the hell gave me this gay avatar? Phish 36 11630 April 2, 2013 at 7:31 am