Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Given Truth, the Misinformed Believe Lies More
Given Truth, the Misinformed Believe Lies More
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story...=128490874

I think this goes for the religious as well.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Given Truth, the Misinformed Believe Lies More
Especially for the religious!
RE: Given Truth, the Misinformed Believe Lies More
I found that article to be very interesting I read other articles about the same "back-fire" issue this week.

My theory is most people in their minds can accept that they are wrong, but for them to actually say they were wrong is a different story. It is a huge ego destroyer and I don't think most people want to accept that. When you prove someone wrong they either get angry and defensive or they blow it off and do some circular logic bs that makes no sense and try to rephrase the original topic of discussion.

The mind should evolve by processing information and deciding what is fact and not fact through evidence. A database per-say, the data is not set in stone but can change as new information is fed to it.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2033 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Creepy future lies ahead nessahanalita 6 749 February 8, 2021 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: no one
  What's the Truth about China? Rhondazvous 29 2380 June 10, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Little Marco Mouths Off. Accidentally Tells The Truth Minimalist 3 670 May 1, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  TheOnion - Too Close To The Truth For Comfort Minimalist 7 1411 October 28, 2016 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Lies don't work with young American women! God of Mr. Hanky 5 1690 February 14, 2016 at 1:36 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron. paulpablo 52 5434 February 8, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Compilation of lies told by Hillary Clinton ReptilianPeon 41 8037 January 6, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Sanders Shamelessly Pandering to Voters Who Want to Hear Truth Pyrrho 4 1271 August 14, 2015 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Toxoplasmosis of Rage :: Analysis of the activism of lies Autumnlicious 12 3247 December 29, 2014 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Tonus