Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wikihow "how to convert an atheist"
Wikihow "how to convert an atheist"
Christian Wikihow authors have put together a strategy guide for converting atheists, with a bunch of cutesy pictures.  It actually offers some good advice, some of our theist preacher visitors should read through it before posting.  I find the general focus of the suggestions and warnings quite interesting though "don't debate the specifics of the Bible", "don't discuss Biblical fallacies", "don't talk about Eternal Punishment" - - just talk about how happy your faith has made you.  Tell them about the great people at your church.  Introduce them to church friends.   Rolleyes 

http://www.wikihow.com/Persuade-an-Athei...-Christian

Here are a few quotes - - I'll hide them, long posts are annoying.  

And a couple of really good warnings: 

"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: Wikihow "how to convert an atheist"
How ironic.
Wikihow would not exist without the discoveries that science has made possible. I suppose the irony of that doesn't occur to these people.
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.
Well, it's a much more reasonable approach than most. It seems to acknowledge its own shortcomings so much that I wonder if it's a parody!

I have a much quicker guide:

How to convert an atheist:

1) Give birth.
2) Indocrinate your child. Keep it as insulated as possible from the outside world, and for god's sake make sure they're programmed before the age of 7.
3) Congrats?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Did you really look that up for that little piece of shit trying to have us on?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(February 12, 2016 at 3:22 pm)abaris Wrote: Did you really look that up for that little piece of shit trying to have us on?

What?  Huh  Talking to me?  I saw a reference on Pinterest - read the article, thought people here might like to see it.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
"Don't try and convert an atheist that is able to get away from you."

Seriously... has it ever happened? I can only picture it in the classic "using your recent tragedy to my advantage" scenario.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 12, 2016 at 3:06 pm)FebruaryOfReason Wrote: How ironic.
Wikihow would not exist without the discoveries that science has made possible. I suppose the irony of that doesn't occur to these people.

Nothing ever occurs to those people.
Quote:You may believe you are bringing them a fresh and bright message of good news, one they are unaware of, but they may have a greater academic knowledge of their ideas of their subjects than you do of yours.

This seems to be how Chick Tracts go. In these tracts anyone who isn't a christian is either evil, or has never heard of Jesus at all. Because it's not like you can read the bible, and not convert immediately, without also being demon possessed or something.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

How to convert an atheist: Don't bother. They likely know your belief system and 'holy' book better than you do.
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:You may believe you are bringing them a fresh and bright message of good news, one they are unaware of, but they probably have a greater academic knowledge of your bullshit religion than you do.

Fixed.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity... IanHulett 68 18188 January 5, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Drich
  A Question for Catholics: Convert or Die Metis 4 1892 July 14, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why would someone convert to Catholicism? Pope Leo Decrapio 17 5024 January 23, 2014 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Christians, why are you hear (If you want to convert atheists read this) Lemonvariable72 66 18218 September 7, 2013 at 10:36 am
Last Post: max-greece
  Convert me! Penhorse340 76 29842 September 6, 2012 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  christians! Come and convert me! annatar 63 15061 July 15, 2010 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Godhead